B is for Blackletter
I went Gryffindor with my second letter, bold red and rich yellow, though I chose the red glitter pen rather than gold for my second illumination. My B uses a classic blackletter face, heavy and Germanic, with a bit of whimsy thrown into the illumination for it.
Just as with the A, I let the ink bleed into the paint so the shapes of the letter have a lovely orange fade, and though I used a very bright, pure red on the background, I used a dark red-orange inside the B itself to better offset the glitter illumination.
B is for Blackletter, 5″x5″ mixed media on paper, $299 with free shipping.
The shine on the red glitter is much more subtle and harder to photograph, especially since it goes a bit pink when the light hits it, so the colors in the above detail photo are a bit off in general. Alas. Below, you can see it happily tucked into a frame with my phone to show you the relative size. The central box on these is 3 inches square, but the border and signature rest outside.
- Title: B is for Blackletter
- 5 in. x 5 in. pen & ink, Japanese watercolor, and glitter gel pen on paper
- $299 for the original (tax will be added if you live in CA)
- Frame is not included
- Shipping is free anywhere in the world
- Payment plans are available, just email me
- The button below will take you to Paypal – if you’d like to pay another way, just let me know and we’ll work it out
This entry was posted on Thursday, July 19th, 2012 at 3:03 am and is filed under Daily Art, Illuminated Alphabet, Series and Books, Shop - Whimsical and Strange, Whimsical and Strange. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
One Response to “B is for Blackletter”
Leave a Reply