Tuesday, March 19th, 2013
This is another of those pieces that started with an experiment with water and paint, and the result made me think of a stream in a rainstorm with drops hitting the surface and a soft play of light down in the water below. I wanted to do something more interesting that just a random fish, though, so of course I went for a fish skeleton. I took a few liberties with fish anatomy, so this isn’t really a specific fish so much as the Death of Fish, as it were.
It’s a definite contrast to the whimsy of my previous Fish Skellington, swimming along all silent and deadly, or at least dead.
Fish Skeleton, 6″x4″ watercolor on paper, $199 with free shipping.
Above, you can see the fine details of rib and fin and skull wending their way through the random-seeming raindrops. Below, the skeleton has swum into a frame so you can enjoy the wee size of it, perfect for a desk at work or an unused bit of wall at home.
- Title: Fish Skeleton
- 6 in. x 4 in. watercolor on Fluid watercolor paper
- $199 for the original (tax will be added if you live in CA)
- Frame is not included, but can be added for $50 (shipping included)
- Shipping is free anywhere in the world
- Payment plans are available, just email me
- The button below will take you to Paypal – if you’d like to pay another way, just let me know and we’ll work it out