Friday, March 15th, 2013
Back when I did the Whispering Gremlin for Jo VanEvery, someone contacted me wanting to use it on their website. I couldn’t give them permission, of course, since it was commissioned for use in Jo’s work, but we discussed doing a shoulder devil for the person instead. I did a little sketch of the idea, wanting to draw a young, androgynous sort of figure, but the commission never materialized. I found the sketch in my stuff the other day and finished it up, so here it is for your enjoyment.
Shoulder Devil, 5″x7″ pen & ink and Copic marker on paper, $99 with free shipping.
Above, you can see the way I used a thicker line on the “real” person, and a thinner pen to ink the wicked little devil whispering its discouraging, misguided words into the person’s ear. Below, you can see it in a frame, the devil reflected in my iPhone.
- Title: Shoulder Devil
- 5 in. x 7 in. pen & ink and Copic marker on paper
- $99 for the original (tax will be added if you live in CA)
- Frame is not included, but can be added for $50 (shipping included)
- Shipping is free anywhere in the world
- Payment plans are available, just email me
- The button below will take you to Paypal – if you’d like to pay another way, just let me know and we’ll work it out