The Orange Ones Are Poison
Thursday, May 30th, 2013
Sometimes, I’m just feeling whimsical and silly, and this is what comes out. I used the same brightly saturated Japanese watercolors as Tuesday’s art, but was painting on the wobbly sketchy paper from Monday’s art. The end result is very silly indeed, and I know the position of the leaping cat reminds me of some famous piece of art (perhaps of a wolf or fox?) but I can’t seem to place it.
The reference is, of course, from a ridiculous internet meme.
The Orange Ones Are Poison, 10″x8″ watercolor on paper, $199 with free shipping.
Above, you can see the image that inspired the caption, though I will admit I already had the silly yellow cat. Below, you can see a close up of his face and the bright orange-red “mouse’ toy by his head.
And finally, you can see it in a frame, next to a suspiciously orange octopus plushie. I recommend not eating the toy, just to be safe.
- Title: The Orange Ones Are Poison
- 10 in. x 8 in. Japanese watercolor on Japanese paper
- $199 for the original (tax will be added if you live in CA)
- Frame is not included, but can be added for $50 (shipping included)
- Shipping is free anywhere in the world
- Payment plans are available, just email me
- The button below will take you to Paypal – if you’d like to pay another way, just let me know and we’ll work it out