Gliding Under the Canopy
Monday, August 5th, 2013
I’ve had this background of faint green leaves or feathers for a long time now, just waiting for the right image to go on top of it. I decided it needed a bird of prey to glide along under a sunlit canopy of leaves. The subtle textures of green in the background get somewhat lost in the glare of the scanner; this is definitely another piece that has a lot to offer in person.
I like the way there’s more space in front of the bird than behind, as if to suggest an endless forest of new green leaves just waiting ahead.
Gliding Under the Canopy, 6″x4″ watercolor crayon and watercolor on paper, $199 with free shipping.
Above, you can see some more of the soft green texture that permeates the background. Below, I’ve got the piece tucked into a frame, where the green glows behind the golden brown bird.
- Title: Gliding Under the Canopy
- 6 in. x 4 in. watercolor and watercolor crayon on Fluid watercolor paper
- $199 for the original (tax will be added if you live in CA)
- Frame is not included, but can be added for $50 (shipping included)
- Shipping is free anywhere in the world
- Payment plans are available, just email me
- The button below will take you to Paypal – if you’d like to pay another way, just let me know and we’ll work it out