Posts Tagged ‘floating gallery’
Tuesday, August 30th, 2016
Which sneak peek intrigues you the most?
Saturday, August 6th, 2016
I think it’s fair to say this is the perfect art for a fan of my work!
There’s a little hint of everything, from the secret spirals in shining duochrome paint, to the tiny fluttering paintings that make up the rudder. There’s even a warm little teacup with the purple-haired pilot riding up front.
Which detail delights you the most?
Above, you can see the secret spirals that only show up in just the right light. Below, the airship is drifting along in a frame, just waiting to find a home on your wall.
Sunday, June 8th, 2014
No, really, I do. Layaway, payment plans, installments agreements, whatever you want to call it, I love them to bits. They help buyers who want art but don’t have all the pennies in their budget today, and they help me.
As a working artist, money coming in at regular intervals is a really nice thing to have. It’s always good to know my boba tea budget is covered! Instant gratification aside, that commitment tells me you love my art enough to give it a good home. It’s like the extra little bit of love you show when you’re willing to wait for your new kitten to get fixed before it comes to its forever home.
Okay, really I just wanted you to think art = kittens for a minute.
You might be wondering, how does one set up a payment plan with an artist such as yourself? Well, it’s really simple: just ask me.
Answers, We Has Them
- I offer 3 payment plans, $25, $50 or $100/month. Even the lowest one is enough to get one piece of art paid off within a year.
- I’ll keep track of it in a shared Google Spreadsheet, so you can always see where you are in your payments and how much there is to go.
- I don’t charge any interest, but you won’t get your art until after you’ve sent the last payment.
- Your painting or drawing will be marked sold as soon as we come to an agreement, so you don’t have to worry someone else will swipe it while you’re paying.
- You can pay with Paypal, checks, or meeting up for coffee & handing me cash, whatever works. Well, okay, you can only do the last one if you’re local to the SF Bay Area (hi!). I can even set up a Paypal Subscription Payment that’ll charge you automagically.
- You can always double up if you get a windfall and get your art faster, or rearrange if you come to a tight spot. If you have to miss a payment for whatever reason, it’s cool, we’ll just pick it back up next time.
Agree With Me?
If you’ve fallen in love with something in the Floating Gallery and want to take it home with you, send me an email! We’ll work out an agreement to make that possible.
Got more questions? You can ask them here, or drop me a line. I’m always happy to chat.
Saturday, February 8th, 2014
Since I didn’t have any comics for this month’s Floating Gallery, I decided to go find a few pieces of art that I thought would make lovely gifts for the Valentine in your life. There’s hearts, a romantic moon, and a sweet puppy, plus tentacles, spirals, salt, and all the things that make my art, well, mine.
Saturday, September 14th, 2013
So what is a Floating Gallery, you ask?
Well, Dear Reader, it’s an itinerant art show of a sort, a virtual pop-up shop of strange surprises. Bimonthly for barely more than a week, the gallery floats in and sets up, offering an assortment of art originals both rare and strange.
- The Floating Gallery is open from the 1st through 8th of every even month, approximately midnight to midnight Pacific time.
- Original artwork will be displayed in the Floating Gallery for those 8 days only, and each piece is one of a kind. Once the Gallery floats away, those pieces will not be for sale again.
- My Art Patron’s List gets a few days before the 1st to sneak in and get a preview of the Gallery, and buy before the general public sees it.
- You can buy art from the Floating Gallery either by using the buy buttons on the page, or arranging a payment plan with me, but you have to decide before the 8th.
- You’ll see the little airship in the sidebar to the right if the Floating Gallery is open. Just click on it to go view the show!
- Other than commissions, this is the only way to buy my original art if you want to take a piece home. If you’re new and want to see what sort of art I make, check out my Portfolio of recent works.
Questions? Email me! I’m always happy to talk to my Dear Readers and Future Patrons.
Monday, August 26th, 2013
I got tired of not knowing what to call the little mini gallery shows I plan to have from the 1st-8th of each month, so I named it the Floating Gallery. The name is a reference to floating markets both real and imaginary, and so I obviously had to have a drawing to go with the name. I was inspired by drawings of dirigibles, pirate ships and of course Ronza*, and so I have an airship full of art coming in for a landing this Sunday.
I sent out my very first Patron’s List preview just now, with 6 new paintings (well, one’s a drawing, but you get the idea), 2 comics, and 6 new bookmarks. We’ll see what’s left when the Floating Gallery officially opens on the first! If you want your own peek behind the velvet curtains, you can join my Art Patron’s List here and get in early next month.
*I do realize only about three of you know who that is, just roll with it.