Posts Tagged ‘word art’
Tuesday, September 8th, 2020
Some people have the energy to protest, some of us have to stick with protest art. If you told me at any point prior to 2016 that I’d be worried about literal nazis in 2020, I would have thought you were crazy. Just goes to show.
This piece uses several different brush pens and some bloodily patriotic watercolor to make its point.
Nazis ruin everything.
Above, you can see the spattered red and layered ink on the D in BAD. Below, the art’s in a frame that’s not quite right for it — it would be perfect in a larger frame, or one of the acrylic frameless displays.
Friday, August 28th, 2020
I took some time off in July to have a lot of migraines, so that was great, but I’m feeling better now despite the state being on fire and everything, and hey, my theme of Black Lives Matter for those prompts is really still relevant, so here we go:
- Corinne wanted a BLM emoji for Slack, so I’ll be combining this with a Pride abstract I painted back in June for the actual finished item.
- Kim asked for Scary Anglerfish in July, and since she hadn’t made a June request she got this guy
- Amy B asked for “no Pride without Marsha P. Johnson” and I found a great photo of her with a big hat.
- Roxanne asked to be surprised with a black MCU character, so the Falcon flew in to say Black Lives Matter.
- Jeff asked for George Washington Carver, and there’s a lot of dumb jokes in here since he invented a ton of peanut products but not peanut butter, and also a subtle dig on the whole gif pronunciation debate.
- Rebecca S asked for Justice, and got this “No Justice, No Peace” word art.
Thank you for the support and patience of all my wonderful patrons, who keep me in tea and paint and cat food! You can be one of them here.
Categories: Completed Commissions, People, Figures and Faces, Pretty Words, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Things I'm a Fan Of
Tags: aceo, angler fish, black lives matter, copic marker, corinne, gay pride, kim, mcu, pen and ink, posca marker, sam wilson, trans pride, watercolor, word art
Friday, July 24th, 2020
Everything is late and slow right now, please be kind to your artist! All of these got posted publicly to my Patreon when they were finished, and were drawn/painted by request of my lovely supporters there. Consider joining up as a supporter if you have a few dollars a month to spare!
- Amber asked for “I’m melting!” and got Ditto for, uh, reasons
- Amy B asked for a bat and got this silhouetted fruit bat
- Rey asked for Patience and I couldn’t resist making it a bit golden
- Another kitty portrait for Corinne, this time Gramsci being longcat
- “Brain Fog” for Kim
- Rebecca was wondering what Bucky was up to, so I put him in a coffee shop AU. This IS his customer service face, tyvm.
- Eric asked for a MerMay Cloud Strife, and yeah, I dunno. Emo boy is emo.
- PG asked for a porcupine, and got this fellow and his bad hair day.
- Deinvati asked for Shark and knew exactly what she was gonna get. It’s DC canon now, don’t blame me. It’s naughty, so click to see a less-censored version. Mom, don’t look! XD Uncensored version linked here with more, uh, related art.
- Andria asked for dark purple lisianthus, and got some floofy abstract flowers.
- Grace asked for Escape and I’m afraid I can never hear that word and not think of Dory. Esss-cahp-ay!
Thanks once again to all my wonderful supporters, who keep me in tea and paint and cat food! June’s very late sketches coming soon to an internet near you.
Categories: Completed Commissions, Flowers, Trees and Landscapes, Nudes and Other Sexy Things, People, Figures and Faces, Pretty Words, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Series and Books, Things I'm a Fan Of, Whimsical and Strange
Tags: aceo, bucky barnes, cat, copic marker, corinne, dcu, final fantasy, finding nemo, glitter gel pen, ink wash, kim, mcu, patreon, pen and ink, pencil, pokemon, watercolor, word art
Thursday, May 14th, 2020
Back in Feb & March, in the before times and the between times, some Patreon patrons gave me sketch requests! I’ve been slowly filling these as the months go along (they normally get filled the month after they’re requested), but forgetting to share them here.
And so, a lot of art with very little explanation!
Categories: Angels, Cthulhu, and Other Myths, Completed Commissions, Flowers, Trees and Landscapes, People, Figures and Faces, Pretty Words, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Series and Books, Things I'm a Fan Of, Whimsical and Strange, Zombies, Skulls, and Other Morbid Things
Tags: copic marker, corinne, doctor who, duochrome, glitter gel pen, hockey, ink wash, iridescent, james bond, jefferson, kim, nfs, patreon, pen and ink, pokemon, primatek, sherlock, skull, sold, star wars, tank girl, watercolor, word art
Thursday, April 30th, 2020
I did this piece for Instagram back in March but the sentiment continues, and will continue, to apply.
Stress and creativity are weird bedfellows, uncomfortably clashing and mixing in strange ways. There’s not going to be the same kind of Floating Gallery in May because things aren’t done, but some commissions are getting off the books instead, which is its own kind of goodness. My Patreon patrons continue to be a source of support and delight, and their sketches are also getting done, albeit slowly. They will get first dibs on anything that drops in May, including this piece.
Stay safe, be well, and pet your animals. At least the ones that don’t bite.
Thursday, January 30th, 2020
I’ve decided to stick with my new standard size for Patreon sketches from now on, so everyone gets a standard ACEO (artist card, edition original) aka trading card size piece of art when they make a request. Patrons also get to see exclusive photos, including cat pics, works in progress, and other such shenanigans. Plus, they get the warm feeling of contentment that they support the arts every month!
I’ve also been doing some figure sketch practice, so expect to see more actual people at some point! I’m pretty happy with how the sketches are coming out, even if I haven’t done a ton of them yet.
My commissions queue is full, so I’m working hard on clearing the decks so I can open them up again, as well as finally editing my newest book (it’s so close to done omg), and finishing up some other long-overdue projects. I don’t think it’s possible to feel caught up anymore, but I have hopes that someday I’ll have space to breathe and take on new work!
In the meantime, the January requests post is still open, if you want to join us on Patreon!
Categories: Angels, Cthulhu, and Other Myths, Completed Commissions, Flowers, Trees and Landscapes, Nudes and Other Sexy Things, People, Figures and Faces, Pretty Words, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Series and Books, Things I'm a Fan Of, Whimsical and Strange
Tags: cat, consulting magic, copic marker, julian st albans, mattrick, patreon, pen and ink, space, watercolor, word art
More Art This Way »