How to Support Your Artist
Monday, August 17th, 2015
You like my art and you want to support me, but you’re not sure how, especially if you don’t have a lot of cash to spread around. Here’s a bunch of ways to lend a hand, and help me keep making the art that you love (and feeding my cats, whom you presumably also love):
- Share: Tweet! Facebook! Email! Share my art, my posts, my shop links and all the ways to find me with the people who think you’re the cat’s meow. Cost: Free!
- Join my List: If you want to know when there’s special things for sale, like original art bookmarks and printed umbrellas, this is the place to be. Cost: Free!
- Patreon: You can support me like an old-fashioned patron of the arts with a monthly donation of whatever size your budget can support. You’ll get something in return, whether it’s sneak peeks, sketches, or my undying gratitude. Cost: $1+
- Fiction: I write stories! If sweet gay romances and magic are your thing, then you can get my books on Amazon. Even if you’ve got Kindle Unlimited, I still get paid when you read! Cost: $1+
- Spoonflower: Fabric! If you’re a quilter, sewing maven, or just want swatches of fabric to fondle, you can buy stuff from my shop here and I get a wee percentage. Cost: $5+
- Etsy: Buy cards, bookmarks, and other stationery that I make with my own two hot little hands. I take my art, mostly the comics, and print right here at home in order to send you nifty swag to keep or share. Cost: $6+
- Buy Original Art: This is the top tier of awesomeness. You can set up a payment plan or just drop it all at once and get instant gratification. The Floating Gallery runs once a month, so stop in and see what calls to you. Cost: $29+ for comics, $199+ for paintings
- Commission Art: Not finding quite what you want? You can commission some art! From simple fan art to elaborate fine art, you can have what you want. I can even create original illustrations for your business, if that’s what you need. Cost: $15+ for comics, $250+ for paintings