I <3 Payment Plans
Sunday, June 8th, 2014
No, really, I do. Layaway, payment plans, installments agreements, whatever you want to call it, I love them to bits. They help buyers who want art but don’t have all the pennies in their budget today, and they help me.
As a working artist, money coming in at regular intervals is a really nice thing to have. It’s always good to know my boba tea budget is covered! Instant gratification aside, that commitment tells me you love my art enough to give it a good home. It’s like the extra little bit of love you show when you’re willing to wait for your new kitten to get fixed before it comes to its forever home.
Okay, really I just wanted you to think art = kittens for a minute.
You might be wondering, how does one set up a payment plan with an artist such as yourself? Well, it’s really simple: just ask me.
Answers, We Has Them
- I offer 3 payment plans, $25, $50 or $100/month. Even the lowest one is enough to get one piece of art paid off within a year.
- I’ll keep track of it in a shared Google Spreadsheet, so you can always see where you are in your payments and how much there is to go.
- I don’t charge any interest, but you won’t get your art until after you’ve sent the last payment.
- Your painting or drawing will be marked sold as soon as we come to an agreement, so you don’t have to worry someone else will swipe it while you’re paying.
- You can pay with Paypal, checks, or meeting up for coffee & handing me cash, whatever works. Well, okay, you can only do the last one if you’re local to the SF Bay Area (hi!). I can even set up a Paypal Subscription Payment that’ll charge you automagically.
- You can always double up if you get a windfall and get your art faster, or rearrange if you come to a tight spot. If you have to miss a payment for whatever reason, it’s cool, we’ll just pick it back up next time.
Agree With Me?
If you’ve fallen in love with something in the Floating Gallery and want to take it home with you, send me an email! We’ll work out an agreement to make that possible.
Got more questions? You can ask them here, or drop me a line. I’m always happy to chat.