Monday, June 17th, 2013
I was thinking more of clouds when I first started painting these little puffs of periwinkle, but they came out so flower-like that I surrounded them with leaves and grass and gave them swirly centers of overlapping yellow and white spirals. I let them sit around in a frame for a few days while I decided if I liked them, and they grew on me (pun acknowledged if not intended).
Periwinkle Flowers, 5″x7″ watercolor on paper, $250 with free shipping.
Above you can see a slightly color-shifted detail of one of the soft watercolor flowers, which was blued over a bit by the bright sunshine. Below, the piece is framed and hanging out with my plush of Mei dressed as a Totoro, because it can.
- Title: Periwinkle Flowers
- 5 in. x 7 in. Japanese watercolor on paper
- $250 for the original (tax will be added if you live in CA)
- Frame is not included, but can be added for $50 (shipping included)
- Shipping is free anywhere in the world
- Payment plans are available, just email me
- The button below will take you to Paypal – if you’d like to pay another way, just let me know and we’ll work it out