State of the Artist
Wednesday, July 31st, 2013
I realize I’m terrible about updating you, my darlings, whenever things shift and change in my life, so here’s a quick lowdown on things you might care about.
- I got about $1000 worth of dental work done, including a bite guard for sleeping that helps hugely with my cracked tooth pain, but have not yet had the other $3000 of root canal & crown done.
- My computer is not entirely paid off, but I’m still making good progress on it. And it works wonderfully, bright screen and fast processor and everything still gorgeous after a year. I love it, it is my baby, and we shall never be apart.
- I’ve had a bit of a famine spot, which is why #1 & #2 are what they are, but I’ve kept my head above water mostly and it seems to be moving back into feast, knock on wood. Ah, the joys of a freelance life.
- But in better news, I have healthcare for a while! Not sure how long it’ll last, but, I actually saw a doctor and got some routine blood tests and stuff. Yay.
- I’m trying to post one new card-ready comic a week on Saturdays, so if there’s anything you’ve ever desperately wanted, it’s a good time to send in unsubtle requests. Anyone who requests things will also get first dibs on the originals, since a lot of my fandom things sell quickly these days (a fact about which I am Very Happy!).
- Bookmarks are back underway, I have 3 done but I’m sort of thinking of keeping one of them for my own, preshuss. All right, actually there’s a 4th one, too, but that one I’m almost definitely hoarding.
- The cats are still happy and healthy. I’ve taken to making my bed every morning thanks to UFYH, and Pod has taken to un-making his side so he can get in and nap. Bella uses this opportunity to stretch out on my side and be queen of the world, of course.
I think that’s enough to be going on with. You see the results of my art life every day, after all!
Find more like this:
Categories: Daily Art, Words Words Words