Foreign Object Debris
Tuesday, July 30th, 2013
I showed this to a friend of mine when it was still a work in progress, and he said it reminded him of a piece of lost metal plating from a spaceship, made of some exotic, slightly damaged metal. I liked the idea so much I used it for the title. This piece started out with a layer of textured, dark purple acrylic, including the spot in one corner where it looks as though something horrible has happened to it. I added iridescent purple to give the whole thing a metallic look, and then went in later with a darker purple to add the sort of dirt that one expects on a much-handled object. The paint wraps around to the edges of the canvas, giving the whole thing the feeling of being one single strange object.
Foreign Object Debris, 12″x12″ acrylic and oil paint on canvas, $450 with free shipping.
Above, you can see the way the light hits the violet paint, bringing up the sheen in the grooves of the original paint and canvas. Below, you can see the ‘damaged’ portion of heavily applied paint, gleaming in the sunlight.
And finally, I took a photo of it still on my easel, because of reasons. The painting is a foot square, and will be wired and ready to hang when it finds itself a forever home.
- Title: Foreign Object Debris
- 12 in. x 12 in. acrylic paint, oil paint and silver Sharpie signature on gallery-wrapped canvas
- $450 for the original (tax will be added if you live in CA)
- Frame is not included, but the piece will be wired for hanging
- Shipping is free anywhere in the world
- Payment plans are available, just email me
- The button below will take you to Paypal – if you’d like to pay another way, just let me know and we’ll work it out