Monday, April 8th, 2013
This little squid is pure self-indulgence! I was in my favorite place for bubble tea, and I noticed they had a bunch of various lucky cat sculptures around. The owner has always enjoyed my squid cards at the holidays, so I decided I needed to combine these two ideas with a proper Lucky Squid. I even googled the traditions so I could decide which details to keep (the red ears and white coat became red fins and white skin, and of course he’s got his gold coin), and which to ignore (a squid in a collar and bib didn’t seem like it would work). I even put him on a greeting card!
Lucky Squid, 5″x7″ pen & ink and Copic marker on paper, $99 with free shipping.
Above, you can see the coin up close and my terrible rendition of the traditional kanji for 10 million ryo, washed red on the paper and blue in the ink by the sunlight. Below, the cheerful little squid beckons to you from a frame, accompanied by my stalwart iPhone and a few plushie friends.
- Title: Lucky Squid
- 5 in. x 7 in. pen & ink and Copic marker on paper
- $99 for the original (tax will be added if you live in CA)
- Frame is not included, but can be added for $50 (shipping included)
- Shipping is free anywhere in the world
- Payment plans are available, just email me
- The button below will take you to Paypal – if you’d like to pay another way, just let me know and we’ll work it out
Find more like this:
Categories: Daily Art, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Tentacles
Tags: copic marker, for sale, lucky cat, pen and ink, squid, tentacles