Posts Tagged ‘pen and ink’
Monday, May 9th, 2022
There should be a Floating Gallery coming for you June 1, but for now please enjoy a nice big batch of sketch cards for my darling Patreon patrons! Some of them are for specific people, and then extras get sent to my Snow Leopards in with their other quarterly goodies.
There’s eight here, only two of which are spoken for! From top left:
- Purple abstract! I dunno, I just like it.
- Weird silly drippy experiment abstract, which I also like now that I’ve plaid-ified the gold and turquoise a bit.
- Jeff asked for “writer’s block” and got this shiny, trippy bit of weirdness.
- Eric asked for SPAAAAAACE! and his is also shiny, but he gets a TARDIS.
- This cool sky I made got a city and some birbs to go with it.
- I gave this little raven some more cowbell and untucked his face from his wing.
- I also gave this abstract some more cowbell and now it’s reasonably unrecognizable and also has some Concentric vibes.
- And this last one is full Concentric, with a bunch of bursts that kind of vanish and 3 that do not. Totally something that doesn’t work in a photo, sorry.
Categories: Abstract and Just Plain Weird, Completed Commissions, Flowers, Trees and Landscapes, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Series and Books, Things I'm a Fan Of, Whimsical and Strange
Tags: city, crow, doctor who, eric, iridescent watercolor, jefferson, patreon, pen and ink, primatek, purple, tardis, watercolor
Tuesday, April 12th, 2022
It was a small month for requests, and then March gave me a terrible cold, so there’s just two quick, fun ones! There will have to be more made this month so I keep having plenty for my Snow Leopards, but please enjoy these two dumb jokes.
- Jeff prompted with the in-joke “Feast for Yoda” and got this equally obscure bit of humor back.
- Rey & Amber prompted “no more spoons” and got this saying that came from… somewhere? But fuck if I know where. Sorry, person more clever than I.
Thursday, April 7th, 2022
Yupo is a nifty paper-like substrate made of polypropylene resin that doesn’t absorb water at all. This tough little sheet is semi-transparent, so you can see my tablecloth through the sunset if you look closely!
Clouds spiral upward from gold to orange to pink, while the sun sits red at the edge of the horizon, ready to slip away for the night. The tree still has a lot of growing to do, but it’s getting there, and this raven is perfectly happy to hang out and wait for spring.
The ink and paint made fascinating textures on the yupo as they dried, and you can see where I left a little impression of myself in the sun.
Above, you can see the swirls of paint and he way the pen and ink cut right through them to mark its own path on the translucent paper — and you can also se the swirls of my tablecloth showing through! Below, the painting is in a simple frame, though it might be better served by a clear acrylic frame when it finds its way home.
Thursday, March 10th, 2022
I decided to lean into the cat sketch life along with a refresh of my Patreon page this year! I redid the tiers and gave them all-new art, and made headers for all of my monthly posts. Check it out on the page, and enjoy the weird originals below!
The original on the House Cat tier is long gone, but I did all-new sketch cards for the other 4! From the top left:
- Snow Leopard ($25)
- Pallas Cat ($10)
- Kitten ($3)
- Voidcat ($100)
- House Cat ($5) sticker from last quarter’s swag rewards
I had fun exploring different styles for the different tiers, though next time perhaps I’ll stick to one style, haha.
I made a whole posting schedule for myself to spread out the goodies and keep from losing track of time, and so far it’s been great on my end. You’d have to ask my supporters how they’re enjoying it, but hey, every post comes with a cat photo as well as the fancy header art!
From the top left:
- Art Works in Progress ft. Mal
- Art WIP lettering, some of which also shows up in the Writing header
- Sketch Requests (with alternate q) ft. Pod
- Writing Works in Progress ft. Raccoon
- Poll ft. Pod’s paw
- Art Vault (oddly catless)
There’s also a monthly sketch card post for the finished requests from the previous month, but so far I haven’t done a header for that — the cards are the art on that post, after all!
Patreon is an easy way to support your artist for a small monthly donation, and you can get wallpapers, sketch requests, stickers and swag, dibs on new works of art, and of course a cavalcade of cat pics!
Tuesday, March 8th, 2022
And December! Which were done in January and just… not posted in a timely manner here. Sorry, guys! I’m a work in progress. XD
- teacup asked for “ghosts of the mountain” and I had fun doing many tiny ghosts
- Eric wanted Sailor Pluto so Mal had to cosplay for us
- Rebecca S asked for a walrus and got this prim purple darling
If you want sketches of your own, or just to support your artist, you can find me on Patreon here: https://www.patreon.com/amysnotdeadyet
Categories: Completed Commissions, Flowers, Trees and Landscapes, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Things I'm a Fan Of
Tags: aceo, cat, copic marker, eric, patreon, pen and ink, rebecca s, sailor moon, walrus, yupo
Thursday, March 3rd, 2022
And here is November! As you can see, some of these got done in January, but I am, in fact, currently caught up, so go me! These days I need extras for my Snow Leopards and Voidcats that don’t make requests, so everyone gets some fun art in their swag mailings. We’ll see how long those quarterly packets last, but the first one was a success!
From the top left:
- random night scene with Copics on Yupo
- “spice coffee” for Jefferson
- another random night scene with watercolor on black paper
- a variation on concentrics with white gouache on sparkly watercolor
- “autumn eeveeon” for Eric
- blobcat ft Trotsky’s liquid bones
- “tyrannical threes” for Rey & Amber
Categories: Abstract and Just Plain Weird, Completed Commissions, Flowers, Trees and Landscapes, People, Figures and Faces, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Series and Books, Things I'm a Fan Of, Whimsical and Strange
Tags: aceo, copic marker, eric, iridescent, jeff, patreon, pen and ink, rey, watercolor, where the wild things are, yupo
Thursday, February 24th, 2022
It’s all Danielle Corsetto’s fault.
The bright young perky things of comics do an annual 24hr comic, but Danielle is also moving into the Old and Tired phase of life and wanted a little more space, and also to expand the challenge to non-comics people. So, her version was to take the weekend, 48 hours, and do 24 of something — I chose sketch cards! And I actually did it, which was pretty awesome.
A lot of these are catch-up for the previous months on Patreon, from which I owed oh so many cards, but also just doing some for the heck of it.
You can see all the original posts here on Patreon, they’re public and have tired commentary to go with them: https://www.patreon.com/amysnotdeadyet/posts?filters%5Btag%5D=48hcw
First batch, all marker all the time. From top left:
- Corinne wanted a tiktok memed into Stuckony, lol
- Amber asked for “backyard kiddie pool” and oops got a kitty pool
- Rey asked for “Science Says Chill” and got his fancy word art
- And some lineless, sketchless halloween candy for feeding my own heart!
Second batch, playing with Copic markers and ink on Yupo substrate. From the top left:
- abstract play with liquid ink directly onto paper, no pen required
- spooky ghost
- skull with a crown
Markers, pencils, and your artist getting tired. From top left:
- Amy B asked for “summer witch vibes” and got this homage to Goths in Hot Weather (sold)
- Jeff asked for Print Nightmare, which is apparently a real Windows exploit, because of course it is (sold)
- Jeff ALSO asked for Roy Kent, which was honestly a fucking delight (sold)
- Deandra asked for something from To Hive & To Hold, and I did a scribbly pencil sketch of Meadowsweet snoozing on Arthur
Day 2, switching media. Watercolor! From the top left:
- Bucky with tats, gift art for a Halloween thing (which is why this post is locked)
- a mixed media abstract that i started yesterday and finished today
- magic wands for Eric (sold)
A trio of trees and a very special birb against the moon. Who’s that Pokémon?
Last ones! From the top left:
- blobcat for the end, because two others are drying overnight for finishing later
- purple abstract, because I can
- Eric asked for “salt” and got this almost-dry abstract in his favorite blue & gold
- Fairytale Sky! Remember that series? Have another.
Batching them in fours and taking a lot of breaks really helped, and man could I tell I’d been doing my physical therapy. My neck was almost not mad about it at the end, and is basically healed other than the ongoing problems from my terrible art gremlin posture. I have managed to somehow loosen my right shoulder in its socket, however, so I’m back in PT starting this week. Yay? I also took a bunch of breaks on watercolor day to help Dan dye his hair blue, and we ran out of gloves so I had one very blue hand by the end, haha.
Thanks for coming along on the journey belatedly with me!
Categories: Abstract and Just Plain Weird, Completed Commissions, Daily Art, Flowers, Trees and Landscapes, Nudes and Other Sexy Things, People, Figures and Faces, Pretty Words, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Series and Books, Things I'm a Fan Of, Whimsical and Strange, Zombies, Skulls, and Other Morbid Things
Tags: aceo, amy b, black paper, brush and ink, bucky barnes, captain america, cat, copic marker, corinne, eric, fairytale sky, ghost, halloween, jefferson, mcu, patreon, pen and ink, rey, roy kent, skull, ted lasso, tree, watercolor, word art
More Art This Way »