Archive for the ‘People, Figures and Faces’ Category
November 2021 Patreon Sketches
Thursday, March 3rd, 2022
And here is November! As you can see, some of these got done in January, but I am, in fact, currently caught up, so go me! These days I need extras for my Snow Leopards and Voidcats that don’t make requests, so everyone gets some fun art in their swag mailings. We’ll see how long those quarterly packets last, but the first one was a success!
From the top left:
- random night scene with Copics on Yupo
- “spice coffee” for Jefferson
- another random night scene with watercolor on black paper
- a variation on concentrics with white gouache on sparkly watercolor
- “autumn eeveeon” for Eric
- blobcat ft Trotsky’s liquid bones
- “tyrannical threes” for Rey & Amber
Categories: Abstract and Just Plain Weird, Completed Commissions, Flowers, Trees and Landscapes, People, Figures and Faces, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Series and Books, Things I'm a Fan Of, Whimsical and Strange
Tags: aceo, copic marker, eric, iridescent, jeff, patreon, pen and ink, rey, watercolor, where the wild things are, yupo
October 2021 Patreon Sketches
Tuesday, March 1st, 2022
Patreon requests from October 2021, which got done in November, ie, after the 48-hour cardstravaganza. Requests always close the last day of the month, and get done before the end of the next month, in theory. We are returning to this pattern though!
From top left:
- Jeff asked for “kobold spooky chef”
- Eric wanted the Upside Down from Stranger Things
- and Rey asked for “remember” in relation to either the 5th of November or the 21st day of September, and since I couldn’t decide I did both. It’s sparkly!
Categories: Completed Commissions, Nudes and Other Sexy Things, People, Figures and Faces, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Tentacles, Things I'm a Fan Of, Whimsical and Strange, Zombies, Skulls, and Other Morbid Things
Tags: aceo, copic marker, eric, glitter gel pen, jeff, patreon, rey
2021 48-hour Sketch Card Weekend
Thursday, February 24th, 2022
It’s all Danielle Corsetto’s fault.
The bright young perky things of comics do an annual 24hr comic, but Danielle is also moving into the Old and Tired phase of life and wanted a little more space, and also to expand the challenge to non-comics people. So, her version was to take the weekend, 48 hours, and do 24 of something — I chose sketch cards! And I actually did it, which was pretty awesome.
A lot of these are catch-up for the previous months on Patreon, from which I owed oh so many cards, but also just doing some for the heck of it.
You can see all the original posts here on Patreon, they’re public and have tired commentary to go with them: https://www.patreon.com/amysnotdeadyet/posts?filters%5Btag%5D=48hcw
First batch, all marker all the time. From top left:
- Corinne wanted a tiktok memed into Stuckony, lol
- Amber asked for “backyard kiddie pool” and oops got a kitty pool
- Rey asked for “Science Says Chill” and got his fancy word art
- And some lineless, sketchless halloween candy for feeding my own heart!
Second batch, playing with Copic markers and ink on Yupo substrate. From the top left:
- abstract play with liquid ink directly onto paper, no pen required
- spooky ghost
- skull with a crown
Markers, pencils, and your artist getting tired. From top left:
- Amy B asked for “summer witch vibes” and got this homage to Goths in Hot Weather (sold)
- Jeff asked for Print Nightmare, which is apparently a real Windows exploit, because of course it is (sold)
- Jeff ALSO asked for Roy Kent, which was honestly a fucking delight (sold)
- Deandra asked for something from To Hive & To Hold, and I did a scribbly pencil sketch of Meadowsweet snoozing on Arthur
Day 2, switching media. Watercolor! From the top left:
- Bucky with tats, gift art for a Halloween thing (which is why this post is locked)
- a mixed media abstract that i started yesterday and finished today
- magic wands for Eric (sold)
A trio of trees and a very special birb against the moon. Who’s that Pokémon?
Last ones! From the top left:
- blobcat for the end, because two others are drying overnight for finishing later
- purple abstract, because I can
- Eric asked for “salt” and got this almost-dry abstract in his favorite blue & gold
- Fairytale Sky! Remember that series? Have another.
Batching them in fours and taking a lot of breaks really helped, and man could I tell I’d been doing my physical therapy. My neck was almost not mad about it at the end, and is basically healed other than the ongoing problems from my terrible art gremlin posture. I have managed to somehow loosen my right shoulder in its socket, however, so I’m back in PT starting this week. Yay? I also took a bunch of breaks on watercolor day to help Dan dye his hair blue, and we ran out of gloves so I had one very blue hand by the end, haha.
Thanks for coming along on the journey belatedly with me!
Categories: Abstract and Just Plain Weird, Completed Commissions, Daily Art, Flowers, Trees and Landscapes, Nudes and Other Sexy Things, People, Figures and Faces, Pretty Words, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Series and Books, Things I'm a Fan Of, Whimsical and Strange, Zombies, Skulls, and Other Morbid Things
Tags: aceo, amy b, black paper, brush and ink, bucky barnes, captain america, cat, copic marker, corinne, eric, fairytale sky, ghost, halloween, jefferson, mcu, patreon, pen and ink, rey, roy kent, skull, ted lasso, tree, watercolor, word art
It’s finally 2022!
Saturday, January 1st, 2022
May your 2022 be measurably better in some way!
It’s been a crazy year, and the last quarter especially sapped my will to create, but, as the very end of the year came around I’ve finally gotten some stuff done. A lot of it was on a personal project that’s currently secret, but I do have a backlog of sketch cards to show you. Plus, there will be our traditional State of the Kitties post in a few days, and then a Floating Gallery sometime very soon.
How soon? Who even knows, time is meaningless.
Categories: People, Figures and Faces, Sea Creatures and Other Animals
Tags: copic marker, formaldehyde, pen and ink, pod, self portrait, watercolor
May 2021 Patreon Sketch Cards
Wednesday, July 28th, 2021
Another day, another bunch of Patreon sketch cards! I got some nifty black mixed media ones in, and tried that out with my shiny paints for the cocktails on the bottom left. I try to have fun with my sketches whenever I can, y’know?
From the top left:
- Amber’s April showers/May flowers
- a summer bat for The Other Amy
- Nott the Brave for Eric
- Wally the Nonbinary Welsh Walrus for Booskerdu
- Cocktails for Jefferson
- Kim’s new job ft. books
- and 40s music for Roxanne B, with my personal favorite song from the era, “Swingin’ on a Star.”
Carry some moonbeams off in a jar, darlings!
Categories: Completed Commissions, Flowers, Trees and Landscapes, People, Figures and Faces, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Series and Books, Things I'm a Fan Of, Whimsical and Strange
Tags: bat, black paper, book, copic marker, duochrome, ink wash, iridescent watercolor, pen and ink, walrus, watercolor, yupo
Artifacts of the Resolution
Wednesday, July 14th, 2021
Making prints work out is always an interesting challenge with a new program and a new printer.
Instead of recycling this low-res misprint, I used my mineral-based watercolors to paint over it. I added the cloudy russet sunset and gave the tree texture, body, and new details. All of the birds stayed at their original resolution, which gives the painting its name.
Look, I can’t be expected to resist a pun that good.
Above, you can see up close the motion-blur of the branches next to the clear pixelation on the birds, as though they’re visiting from some other, lower-resolution reality. Below, the painting is resting in a frame, waiting to be sent to someone new.
Categories: Floating Gallery, Flowers, Trees and Landscapes, People, Figures and Faces, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Zombies, Skulls, and Other Morbid Things
Tags: crow, ghost, horizions, inkjet print, mixed media, more cowbell, nfs, primatek, print, sold, tree, watercolor
April 2021 Patreon Sketch Cards
Wednesday, July 7th, 2021
Having standardized the sketch size to these pre-cut ATC/ACEO cards makes my life so much easier — they come in vellum for drawing, watercolor paper, and some cool new stuff like Yupo synthetic substrate. It gives me a lot of room for play! Which I did with several of these that weren’t for anyone specific, heh.
From the top left:
- Do Good Recklessly, a recent tumblr meme
- Capybaras for Rebecca S
- A wee Concentric doodle to play with some of my new watercolors
- Bats and Mushrooms and Sun and idk man, sometimes you just gotta paint mushrooms I guess.
- Purple dragon for Andria, who wanted to have a golden hoard of their very own, which was pretty easy since they are very wee
- Amy B asked for a kitten and got a blobcat with a Christmas tree tail, which is a feature of kittens of a certain age that I find delightful. It has brought you a mouse toy like the mighty hunter it is, and is all fluffed up about it.
From the top left:
- Amber asked for “seasonal (holiday) allergies” and I may have chosen to tease her husband.
- A is for Amy wants to play with her yupo paper some more.
- Roxanne asked for Falcon & the Winter Solider and apparently this is what my brain wanted.
- Rey asked for “conditionally huggable” and of course I had to draw a hedgehog.
I love my Patreon supporters with all my heart — thanks, you guys! You’re the best.
Categories: Abstract and Just Plain Weird, Completed Commissions, Floating Gallery, Flowers, Trees and Landscapes, Illuminated Alphabet, People, Figures and Faces, Pretty Words, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Series and Books, Things I'm a Fan Of, Whimsical and Strange
Tags: bat, capybara, cat, concentric, copic marker, dragon, duochorome, hedgehog, iridescent, mcu, pen and ink, primatek, watercolor, word art
« Or Head Back That Way More Art This Way »