Archive for the ‘Pretty Words’ Category
April 2022 Patreon sketches
Thursday, March 23rd, 2023
Guess who’s been doing sketches on Patreon for months and not posting them to the blog? It’s me! I’ll be getting the last many months of them out on the blog over the next few weeks, so please enjoy the ridiculousness.
- This one wasn’t a prompt, I just wanted to draw trees and birbs on this orange sunset
- Jeff asked for ‘distracted’
- Another non-prompt experiment with salt and watercolor on yupo that got some marker topography
- And ‘rose candy’ for Eric
These have all found a new home, but some of the later ones are still available for the discerning collector. You can also make an account and follow me on Patreon for free, where these are always posted publicly, or Instagram or Twitter, where I post some things as the mood strikes me.
Categories: Abstract and Just Plain Weird, Completed Commissions, Flowers, Trees and Landscapes, People, Figures and Faces, Pretty Words, Whimsical and Strange
Tags: copic marker, patreon, pen and ink, trees, watercolor, yupo
February 2022 sketch cards
Tuesday, April 12th, 2022
It was a small month for requests, and then March gave me a terrible cold, so there’s just two quick, fun ones! There will have to be more made this month so I keep having plenty for my Snow Leopards, but please enjoy these two dumb jokes.
- Jeff prompted with the in-joke “Feast for Yoda” and got this equally obscure bit of humor back.
- Rey & Amber prompted “no more spoons” and got this saying that came from… somewhere? But fuck if I know where. Sorry, person more clever than I.
Categories: Completed Commissions, Pretty Words, Things I'm a Fan Of
Tags: copic marker, jefferson, patreon, pen and ink, rey, star wars
January 2022 Patreon Sketches
Tuesday, March 15th, 2022
All caught up! I’ll post February’s patron sketch cards probably in early April, as I give my supporters the month of to request, and then give myself the month after to draw them and then post to Patreon on the 28th. Now that I’ve made them all this cool artist trading card/artist card edition original (ACEO) size, it’s been a lot less friction for me to sit down and get started on a set of them, and get them done with a few days of work.
I did a half dozen this time around, almost entirely watercolor. From the top left:
- Nick prompted “besos!” and gets Bruno from Encanto smooching a capybara, but we shouldn’t be talking about it
- Roxanne B wanted tea, and gets this precarious pile
- Amy B asked for a “cheeky monkey” of a kitty, and gets this little jerkface
- this sunny sky in watercolor on yupo is just for my own amusement, and I guess if CSI ever needs my fingerprints
- Jefferson asked for coffee and gets addict Ditto
- Rey & Amber asked for “if you’re not bleeding, it’s not an emergency” and Amber got sky blue hair without having to go to the salon
I may do a sketch sale pretty soon, which posts to my Patreon first and then to my email list, so join one of those if you’d like a chance to own some of these!
Categories: Completed Commissions, Flowers, Trees and Landscapes, People, Figures and Faces, Pretty Words, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Series and Books, Things I'm a Fan Of, Whimsical and Strange
Tags: aceo, amy b, books, capybara, cat, encanto, jefferson, nick, patreon, pokemon, rey, roxanne b, word art, yupo
Patreon Headers & Tiers
Thursday, March 10th, 2022
I decided to lean into the cat sketch life along with a refresh of my Patreon page this year! I redid the tiers and gave them all-new art, and made headers for all of my monthly posts. Check it out on the page, and enjoy the weird originals below!
The original on the House Cat tier is long gone, but I did all-new sketch cards for the other 4! From the top left:
- Snow Leopard ($25)
- Pallas Cat ($10)
- Kitten ($3)
- Voidcat ($100)
- House Cat ($5) sticker from last quarter’s swag rewards
I had fun exploring different styles for the different tiers, though next time perhaps I’ll stick to one style, haha.
I made a whole posting schedule for myself to spread out the goodies and keep from losing track of time, and so far it’s been great on my end. You’d have to ask my supporters how they’re enjoying it, but hey, every post comes with a cat photo as well as the fancy header art!
From the top left:
- Art Works in Progress ft. Mal
- Art WIP lettering, some of which also shows up in the Writing header
- Sketch Requests (with alternate q) ft. Pod
- Writing Works in Progress ft. Raccoon
- Poll ft. Pod’s paw
- Art Vault (oddly catless)
There’s also a monthly sketch card post for the finished requests from the previous month, but so far I haven’t done a header for that — the cards are the art on that post, after all!
Patreon is an easy way to support your artist for a small monthly donation, and you can get wallpapers, sketch requests, stickers and swag, dibs on new works of art, and of course a cavalcade of cat pics!
Categories: Pretty Words, Sea Creatures and Other Animals
Tags: black paper, cat, patreon, pen and ink, sticker, watercolor, word art
2021 48-hour Sketch Card Weekend
Thursday, February 24th, 2022
It’s all Danielle Corsetto’s fault.
The bright young perky things of comics do an annual 24hr comic, but Danielle is also moving into the Old and Tired phase of life and wanted a little more space, and also to expand the challenge to non-comics people. So, her version was to take the weekend, 48 hours, and do 24 of something — I chose sketch cards! And I actually did it, which was pretty awesome.
A lot of these are catch-up for the previous months on Patreon, from which I owed oh so many cards, but also just doing some for the heck of it.
You can see all the original posts here on Patreon, they’re public and have tired commentary to go with them: https://www.patreon.com/amysnotdeadyet/posts?filters%5Btag%5D=48hcw
First batch, all marker all the time. From top left:
- Corinne wanted a tiktok memed into Stuckony, lol
- Amber asked for “backyard kiddie pool” and oops got a kitty pool
- Rey asked for “Science Says Chill” and got his fancy word art
- And some lineless, sketchless halloween candy for feeding my own heart!
Second batch, playing with Copic markers and ink on Yupo substrate. From the top left:
- abstract play with liquid ink directly onto paper, no pen required
- spooky ghost
- skull with a crown
Markers, pencils, and your artist getting tired. From top left:
- Amy B asked for “summer witch vibes” and got this homage to Goths in Hot Weather (sold)
- Jeff asked for Print Nightmare, which is apparently a real Windows exploit, because of course it is (sold)
- Jeff ALSO asked for Roy Kent, which was honestly a fucking delight (sold)
- Deandra asked for something from To Hive & To Hold, and I did a scribbly pencil sketch of Meadowsweet snoozing on Arthur
Day 2, switching media. Watercolor! From the top left:
- Bucky with tats, gift art for a Halloween thing (which is why this post is locked)
- a mixed media abstract that i started yesterday and finished today
- magic wands for Eric (sold)
A trio of trees and a very special birb against the moon. Who’s that Pokémon?
Last ones! From the top left:
- blobcat for the end, because two others are drying overnight for finishing later
- purple abstract, because I can
- Eric asked for “salt” and got this almost-dry abstract in his favorite blue & gold
- Fairytale Sky! Remember that series? Have another.
Batching them in fours and taking a lot of breaks really helped, and man could I tell I’d been doing my physical therapy. My neck was almost not mad about it at the end, and is basically healed other than the ongoing problems from my terrible art gremlin posture. I have managed to somehow loosen my right shoulder in its socket, however, so I’m back in PT starting this week. Yay? I also took a bunch of breaks on watercolor day to help Dan dye his hair blue, and we ran out of gloves so I had one very blue hand by the end, haha.
Thanks for coming along on the journey belatedly with me!
Categories: Abstract and Just Plain Weird, Completed Commissions, Daily Art, Flowers, Trees and Landscapes, Nudes and Other Sexy Things, People, Figures and Faces, Pretty Words, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Series and Books, Things I'm a Fan Of, Whimsical and Strange, Zombies, Skulls, and Other Morbid Things
Tags: aceo, amy b, black paper, brush and ink, bucky barnes, captain america, cat, copic marker, corinne, eric, fairytale sky, ghost, halloween, jefferson, mcu, patreon, pen and ink, rey, roy kent, skull, ted lasso, tree, watercolor, word art
Summer 2021 Patreon Sketches
Monday, February 21st, 2022
Sketch cards galore! I have so many that I haven’t posted here, sorry. Last year was full of overwhelm and catch-up and madness, and I’m finally starting to organize things back into a system I can function with.
These little baseball-card-sized sketches are called ACEO (artist card edition only) or sometimes ATC (artist trading card) if being traded around. I standardized all my sketches for Patreon supporters to this size, and it’s made life much easier for me in terms of starting friction. I have all the stuff to start sketching in one little pouch!
From the top left:
- Kim wanted to say no to summer, so she gets images of winter, instead!
- the abstract dreams of a dying Medusa is for nobody in particular
- Rebecca S wanted something for Pride, and gets this rainbow of DiversiTea
- Eric wanted some beetroot and got some fun watercolor on Yupo substrate
From top down:
- Amber asked for Time Flies
- Jeff asked for “i can’t even right now”
- Eric asked for the One Ring
Categories: Abstract and Just Plain Weird, Angels, Cthulhu, and Other Myths, Completed Commissions, Floating Gallery, Flowers, Trees and Landscapes, Pretty Words, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Things I'm a Fan Of
Tags: aceo, acrylic ink, black paper, eric, gay pride, iridescent, kim, patreon, rebecca s, sharpie marker, watercolor, yupo
More Art This Way »