Archive for the ‘Things I’m a Fan Of’ Category
Tuesday, May 2nd, 2023
It’s spring here, and mostly that means sinus headaches, whee. I had fun with these Patreon supporter sketches, though, especially the addition to my 100 Cats series. Which is almost done! I hope you’re having a lovely May, and aren’t actually a cylon.
- Amy B asked for a monkey, and gets this napping weirdo. (sold)
- Jefferson asked for a cylon, and gets the true leader of them. Cats, after all, do things by no one’s command. (sold)
- Rey prompted “frak you, pay me!” and got a slightly abstract being of pure fiery righteousness, shaking their fist at the powers above, finished work at their back. (sold)
- Eric asked for Willow, and I couldn’t resist drawing Jade, because her hair is amazing, her freckles are amazing, and her grumpiness is amazing. I don’t know what happened here but I’d be grumpy, too, tbh. (sold)
And with this, we are caught up entirely! But don’t worry, there’s 100 Cats to start posting soon…
Categories: Card Design, Completed Commissions, People, Figures and Faces, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Series and Books, Things I'm a Fan Of
Tags: copic marker, cylon, eric, jeff, patreon, pen and ink, rey, willow
Thursday, April 27th, 2023
We’re catching up! Next week you’ll have freshly posted sketches, and then you’ll have to wait another month to get more. Of course, there’s still the #100cats project coming…
- Jefferson asked for DunDraCon and I gave him this very inside joke. (sold)
- Amy B asked for platypus and instead got Agent T, aka Tater the Catypus.
- Eric asked for Formaldehyde, and got a beaker full of her. (sold)
- And I just felt like painting a corvid again, it’s been so long!
Categories: Completed Commissions, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Things I'm a Fan Of, Whimsical and Strange
Tags: cat, copic marker, crow, eric, formaldehyde, jefferson, pen and ink, trotsky, watercolor
Tuesday, April 11th, 2023
And a lot of other sketch cards, plus a bookmark! Only the first set has any that were for prompts, but several/most are now sold.
- Rebecca S prompted “rainbow” and got an experimental birb
- ink and powdered silver pigment makes a space thing
- spooky owl ink experiment
- black cat ink experiment (brother to the owl)
- Amy B prompted “spooky” and gets a Cerberus kitty (sold)
- Andria asked for a tree with purple leaves (sold)
- I never did get the hang of Thursday(s)
- bookmark with one of my cities of smoking ruins
- a pair of ink wash kitties
- two anatomical hearts and two faces hidden in a strange little abstract made of ink and paint
- phoenix! (sold)
- a weird little abstract made of teal ink with sparklies in it, it reminds me of someone floating in the water, or splashing about mid-swim
- spooky trees and a blood moon
- a maiden on the shores of the wide sea
- dragon! (sold)
Categories: Abstract and Just Plain Weird, Angels, Cthulhu, and Other Myths, Completed Commissions, Daily Art, Flowers, Trees and Landscapes, Pretty Words, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Things I'm a Fan Of, Whimsical and Strange
Tags: aceo, black paper, cat, ink wash, pen and ink, watercolor, yupo
Thursday, April 6th, 2023
So many requests that month! I had a lot of fun with them, despite a head cold that took out our whole household (but wasn’t covid, whew).
- Max Silliness for Rey & Amber (sold)… who remembers Max Headroom?
- Andria asked for “something steampunky” and gets zen circle gears
- Nick asked for Constantine and gets a little sneaky King Shark bonus
- Eric asked for Blast! and gets red-pink fireworks (sold)
- Rebecca S asked for watermelon and gets abstract watermelony goodness
- Look, it’s just been a ‘shaking your fist at the sky’ kind of year, okay?
- Some experimental birbs
- Amy B only sort of asked for Smushmallow Mal but that’s what she got (sold)
- Jefferson asked for Dude of the Endless, and I decided his domain was coincidence: the Dude really brings things together (sold)
Categories: Abstract and Just Plain Weird, Angels, Cthulhu, and Other Myths, Completed Commissions, Flowers, Trees and Landscapes, People, Figures and Faces, Pretty Words, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Series and Books, Things I'm a Fan Of
Tags: aceo, black paper, copic marker, patreon, pen and ink, watercolor, yupo
Tuesday, April 4th, 2023
Plus a bunch of bonus corvids! I wanted to do some gestural corvids, hilariously unrelated to the poll earlier, just to keep up my practice of loose, interesting birbs.
Only 2 people actually asked for things in July, so we have:
- Jefferson, who asked for Iron Chef Klingon and gets deconstructed disgustingness (sold)
- a purple crow giving some side-eye (sold)
- a rainbow crow giving some serious side-eye (sold)
- some crows flying through a gorgeous sunrise, inspired by Shayla Maddox’s current photo project (pretty sure this one’s been claimed too)
- A bi pride sea turtle for Andria, the only piece to use an actual pen (for the purple bits) outside of the signature, heh (sold)
- and a fluffed-up blue corvid having a bloody red treat (sold)
I actually used references for everything but the food, though I googled Klingon names to give our chef his moniker. I also mentally wrote some weird fanfic in my head about this dish while doodling, so, uh. Enjoy the grossness?
Tuesday, March 28th, 2023
More sketches! A lot of these get sent to patrons for my quarterly packets, so they vanish into the mist never to be seen again. I’m pretty sure these have all been sent off to new adventures!
The right column is all filler cats, because I felt like continuing with some no-line, super sketchy cats after I finished the patron sketches. We have Raccoon, Pod, and Mal from top to bottom.
The left column, top down, is for patrons! Who all asked for machines, so I decided to break out the markers and have some sketchy no-line fun.
- Rebecca S asked for trains and got this VROoooM train
- Eric wanted Giant Robots and got the most ridiculous kitty kaiju training bot. He knows why. (sold)
- Jefferson prompted “vacuum cleaner” and got a tumblr meme he won’t even know (sorry), Stabby the Roomba. (sold)
Monday, May 9th, 2022
There should be a Floating Gallery coming for you June 1, but for now please enjoy a nice big batch of sketch cards for my darling Patreon patrons! Some of them are for specific people, and then extras get sent to my Snow Leopards in with their other quarterly goodies.
There’s eight here, only two of which are spoken for! From top left:
- Purple abstract! I dunno, I just like it.
- Weird silly drippy experiment abstract, which I also like now that I’ve plaid-ified the gold and turquoise a bit.
- Jeff asked for “writer’s block” and got this shiny, trippy bit of weirdness.
- Eric asked for SPAAAAAACE! and his is also shiny, but he gets a TARDIS.
- This cool sky I made got a city and some birbs to go with it.
- I gave this little raven some more cowbell and untucked his face from his wing.
- I also gave this abstract some more cowbell and now it’s reasonably unrecognizable and also has some Concentric vibes.
- And this last one is full Concentric, with a bunch of bursts that kind of vanish and 3 that do not. Totally something that doesn’t work in a photo, sorry.
Categories: Abstract and Just Plain Weird, Completed Commissions, Flowers, Trees and Landscapes, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Series and Books, Things I'm a Fan Of, Whimsical and Strange
Tags: city, crow, doctor who, eric, iridescent watercolor, jefferson, patreon, pen and ink, primatek, purple, tardis, watercolor
More Art This Way »