Posts Tagged ‘black paper’
Tuesday, April 18th, 2023
It was a cat kind of month, I guess. Everyone needs some good good kitty love sometimes!
- Eric asked for cats (sold)
- Nick requested cuddled
- Jefferson wanted science fiction (sold)
- Amy B wanted a hearth (sold)
- and Shannon B wanted a bread-stealing raven to fly off with the squirrel who had been eating it still attached
Thursday, April 13th, 2023
We’re getting toward the present! Only a few more months to go — requests made in one month are then fulfilled by the end of the next, so these were done well after Drawtober was over, lol.
- Jefferson prompted “kobold turkey chef” so we get this elaborate but ill-advised attempt at deep fried turkey. I’m really not sure if this dungeon’s boiling oil vats are food-safe, guys. (sold)
- Eric prompted “witchcraft” so I drew a tarot card, then drew a tarot card, as it were. And I remembered how to draw hands! Woo! (sold)
- Andria asked for a wizard raven, and has received her wish.
- Amy B prompted “spooky monkey” and idk, man, this is what came out of my brain. Trick or Banana, I guess? (sold)
Tuesday, April 11th, 2023
And a lot of other sketch cards, plus a bookmark! Only the first set has any that were for prompts, but several/most are now sold.
- Rebecca S prompted “rainbow” and got an experimental birb
- ink and powdered silver pigment makes a space thing
- spooky owl ink experiment
- black cat ink experiment (brother to the owl)
- Amy B prompted “spooky” and gets a Cerberus kitty (sold)
- Andria asked for a tree with purple leaves (sold)
- I never did get the hang of Thursday(s)
- bookmark with one of my cities of smoking ruins
- a pair of ink wash kitties
- two anatomical hearts and two faces hidden in a strange little abstract made of ink and paint
- phoenix! (sold)
- a weird little abstract made of teal ink with sparklies in it, it reminds me of someone floating in the water, or splashing about mid-swim
- spooky trees and a blood moon
- a maiden on the shores of the wide sea
- dragon! (sold)
Categories: Abstract and Just Plain Weird, Angels, Cthulhu, and Other Myths, Completed Commissions, Daily Art, Flowers, Trees and Landscapes, Pretty Words, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Things I'm a Fan Of, Whimsical and Strange
Tags: aceo, black paper, cat, ink wash, pen and ink, watercolor, yupo
Thursday, April 6th, 2023
So many requests that month! I had a lot of fun with them, despite a head cold that took out our whole household (but wasn’t covid, whew).
- Max Silliness for Rey & Amber (sold)… who remembers Max Headroom?
- Andria asked for “something steampunky” and gets zen circle gears
- Nick asked for Constantine and gets a little sneaky King Shark bonus
- Eric asked for Blast! and gets red-pink fireworks (sold)
- Rebecca S asked for watermelon and gets abstract watermelony goodness
- Look, it’s just been a ‘shaking your fist at the sky’ kind of year, okay?
- Some experimental birbs
- Amy B only sort of asked for Smushmallow Mal but that’s what she got (sold)
- Jefferson asked for Dude of the Endless, and I decided his domain was coincidence: the Dude really brings things together (sold)
Categories: Abstract and Just Plain Weird, Angels, Cthulhu, and Other Myths, Completed Commissions, Flowers, Trees and Landscapes, People, Figures and Faces, Pretty Words, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Series and Books, Things I'm a Fan Of
Tags: aceo, black paper, copic marker, patreon, pen and ink, watercolor, yupo
Thursday, March 10th, 2022
I decided to lean into the cat sketch life along with a refresh of my Patreon page this year! I redid the tiers and gave them all-new art, and made headers for all of my monthly posts. Check it out on the page, and enjoy the weird originals below!
The original on the House Cat tier is long gone, but I did all-new sketch cards for the other 4! From the top left:
- Snow Leopard ($25)
- Pallas Cat ($10)
- Kitten ($3)
- Voidcat ($100)
- House Cat ($5) sticker from last quarter’s swag rewards
I had fun exploring different styles for the different tiers, though next time perhaps I’ll stick to one style, haha.
I made a whole posting schedule for myself to spread out the goodies and keep from losing track of time, and so far it’s been great on my end. You’d have to ask my supporters how they’re enjoying it, but hey, every post comes with a cat photo as well as the fancy header art!
From the top left:
- Art Works in Progress ft. Mal
- Art WIP lettering, some of which also shows up in the Writing header
- Sketch Requests (with alternate q) ft. Pod
- Writing Works in Progress ft. Raccoon
- Poll ft. Pod’s paw
- Art Vault (oddly catless)
There’s also a monthly sketch card post for the finished requests from the previous month, but so far I haven’t done a header for that — the cards are the art on that post, after all!
Patreon is an easy way to support your artist for a small monthly donation, and you can get wallpapers, sketch requests, stickers and swag, dibs on new works of art, and of course a cavalcade of cat pics!
Thursday, February 24th, 2022
It’s all Danielle Corsetto’s fault.
The bright young perky things of comics do an annual 24hr comic, but Danielle is also moving into the Old and Tired phase of life and wanted a little more space, and also to expand the challenge to non-comics people. So, her version was to take the weekend, 48 hours, and do 24 of something — I chose sketch cards! And I actually did it, which was pretty awesome.
A lot of these are catch-up for the previous months on Patreon, from which I owed oh so many cards, but also just doing some for the heck of it.
You can see all the original posts here on Patreon, they’re public and have tired commentary to go with them: https://www.patreon.com/amysnotdeadyet/posts?filters%5Btag%5D=48hcw
First batch, all marker all the time. From top left:
- Corinne wanted a tiktok memed into Stuckony, lol
- Amber asked for “backyard kiddie pool” and oops got a kitty pool
- Rey asked for “Science Says Chill” and got his fancy word art
- And some lineless, sketchless halloween candy for feeding my own heart!
Second batch, playing with Copic markers and ink on Yupo substrate. From the top left:
- abstract play with liquid ink directly onto paper, no pen required
- spooky ghost
- skull with a crown
Markers, pencils, and your artist getting tired. From top left:
- Amy B asked for “summer witch vibes” and got this homage to Goths in Hot Weather (sold)
- Jeff asked for Print Nightmare, which is apparently a real Windows exploit, because of course it is (sold)
- Jeff ALSO asked for Roy Kent, which was honestly a fucking delight (sold)
- Deandra asked for something from To Hive & To Hold, and I did a scribbly pencil sketch of Meadowsweet snoozing on Arthur
Day 2, switching media. Watercolor! From the top left:
- Bucky with tats, gift art for a Halloween thing (which is why this post is locked)
- a mixed media abstract that i started yesterday and finished today
- magic wands for Eric (sold)
A trio of trees and a very special birb against the moon. Who’s that Pokémon?
Last ones! From the top left:
- blobcat for the end, because two others are drying overnight for finishing later
- purple abstract, because I can
- Eric asked for “salt” and got this almost-dry abstract in his favorite blue & gold
- Fairytale Sky! Remember that series? Have another.
Batching them in fours and taking a lot of breaks really helped, and man could I tell I’d been doing my physical therapy. My neck was almost not mad about it at the end, and is basically healed other than the ongoing problems from my terrible art gremlin posture. I have managed to somehow loosen my right shoulder in its socket, however, so I’m back in PT starting this week. Yay? I also took a bunch of breaks on watercolor day to help Dan dye his hair blue, and we ran out of gloves so I had one very blue hand by the end, haha.
Thanks for coming along on the journey belatedly with me!
Categories: Abstract and Just Plain Weird, Completed Commissions, Daily Art, Flowers, Trees and Landscapes, Nudes and Other Sexy Things, People, Figures and Faces, Pretty Words, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Series and Books, Things I'm a Fan Of, Whimsical and Strange, Zombies, Skulls, and Other Morbid Things
Tags: aceo, amy b, black paper, brush and ink, bucky barnes, captain america, cat, copic marker, corinne, eric, fairytale sky, ghost, halloween, jefferson, mcu, patreon, pen and ink, rey, roy kent, skull, ted lasso, tree, watercolor, word art
More Art This Way »