Posts Tagged ‘cat’
Thursday, April 27th, 2023
We’re catching up! Next week you’ll have freshly posted sketches, and then you’ll have to wait another month to get more. Of course, there’s still the #100cats project coming…
- Jefferson asked for DunDraCon and I gave him this very inside joke. (sold)
- Amy B asked for platypus and instead got Agent T, aka Tater the Catypus.
- Eric asked for Formaldehyde, and got a beaker full of her. (sold)
- And I just felt like painting a corvid again, it’s been so long!
Categories: Completed Commissions, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Things I'm a Fan Of, Whimsical and Strange
Tags: cat, copic marker, crow, eric, formaldehyde, jefferson, pen and ink, trotsky, watercolor
Tuesday, April 25th, 2023
Plus a cat, because it made the layout better.
- Jeff requested “Advanced Squid Leader,” and he knows what he’s got here (sold)
- Andria wanted a snow dragon, and got one playing around in deep snow
- Nick asked for “Thestral Moon” and despite referencing the terf wizard books, I painted him something pretty and creepy
- Eric asked for “Scary Fairy” and got this weird little critter (sold)
- And cat 44 again, because Trotsky looks like this when he’s in a sunny window pawing to get out at the squirrels
Categories: Angels, Cthulhu, and Other Myths, Completed Commissions, Flowers, Trees and Landscapes, Sea Creatures and Other Animals
Tags: 100cats, cat, dragon, more cowbell, pen and ink, squid, watercolor
Thursday, April 20th, 2023
There are, of course, a couple of cats.
- Rey & Amber prompted 2023 (sold)
- Eric asked for volcano and look it just happened, okay. Blame Raccoon (pose) and Lapis (stank). (sold)
- Amy B asked for gingerbread and got a cat. This is not a surprise to anyone. (sold)
- And Jefferson prompted “Screw that. This train is hitting the goddamn snooze button.” (sold)
Tuesday, April 18th, 2023
It was a cat kind of month, I guess. Everyone needs some good good kitty love sometimes!
- Eric asked for cats (sold)
- Nick requested cuddled
- Jefferson wanted science fiction (sold)
- Amy B wanted a hearth (sold)
- and Shannon B wanted a bread-stealing raven to fly off with the squirrel who had been eating it still attached
Tuesday, April 11th, 2023
And a lot of other sketch cards, plus a bookmark! Only the first set has any that were for prompts, but several/most are now sold.
- Rebecca S prompted “rainbow” and got an experimental birb
- ink and powdered silver pigment makes a space thing
- spooky owl ink experiment
- black cat ink experiment (brother to the owl)
- Amy B prompted “spooky” and gets a Cerberus kitty (sold)
- Andria asked for a tree with purple leaves (sold)
- I never did get the hang of Thursday(s)
- bookmark with one of my cities of smoking ruins
- a pair of ink wash kitties
- two anatomical hearts and two faces hidden in a strange little abstract made of ink and paint
- phoenix! (sold)
- a weird little abstract made of teal ink with sparklies in it, it reminds me of someone floating in the water, or splashing about mid-swim
- spooky trees and a blood moon
- a maiden on the shores of the wide sea
- dragon! (sold)
Categories: Abstract and Just Plain Weird, Angels, Cthulhu, and Other Myths, Completed Commissions, Daily Art, Flowers, Trees and Landscapes, Pretty Words, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Things I'm a Fan Of, Whimsical and Strange
Tags: aceo, black paper, cat, ink wash, pen and ink, watercolor, yupo
Tuesday, March 28th, 2023
More sketches! A lot of these get sent to patrons for my quarterly packets, so they vanish into the mist never to be seen again. I’m pretty sure these have all been sent off to new adventures!
The right column is all filler cats, because I felt like continuing with some no-line, super sketchy cats after I finished the patron sketches. We have Raccoon, Pod, and Mal from top to bottom.
The left column, top down, is for patrons! Who all asked for machines, so I decided to break out the markers and have some sketchy no-line fun.
- Rebecca S asked for trains and got this VROoooM train
- Eric wanted Giant Robots and got the most ridiculous kitty kaiju training bot. He knows why. (sold)
- Jefferson prompted “vacuum cleaner” and got a tumblr meme he won’t even know (sorry), Stabby the Roomba. (sold)
Tuesday, March 15th, 2022
All caught up! I’ll post February’s patron sketch cards probably in early April, as I give my supporters the month of to request, and then give myself the month after to draw them and then post to Patreon on the 28th. Now that I’ve made them all this cool artist trading card/artist card edition original (ACEO) size, it’s been a lot less friction for me to sit down and get started on a set of them, and get them done with a few days of work.
I did a half dozen this time around, almost entirely watercolor. From the top left:
- Nick prompted “besos!” and gets Bruno from Encanto smooching a capybara, but we shouldn’t be talking about it
- Roxanne B wanted tea, and gets this precarious pile
- Amy B asked for a “cheeky monkey” of a kitty, and gets this little jerkface
- this sunny sky in watercolor on yupo is just for my own amusement, and I guess if CSI ever needs my fingerprints
- Jefferson asked for coffee and gets addict Ditto
- Rey & Amber asked for “if you’re not bleeding, it’s not an emergency” and Amber got sky blue hair without having to go to the salon
Categories: Completed Commissions, Flowers, Trees and Landscapes, People, Figures and Faces, Pretty Words, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Series and Books, Things I'm a Fan Of, Whimsical and Strange
Tags: aceo, amy b, books, capybara, cat, encanto, jefferson, nick, patreon, pokemon, rey, roxanne b, word art, yupo
More Art This Way »