Archive for the ‘People, Figures and Faces’ Category
April 2022 Patreon sketches
Thursday, March 23rd, 2023
Guess who’s been doing sketches on Patreon for months and not posting them to the blog? It’s me! I’ll be getting the last many months of them out on the blog over the next few weeks, so please enjoy the ridiculousness.
- This one wasn’t a prompt, I just wanted to draw trees and birbs on this orange sunset
- Jeff asked for ‘distracted’
- Another non-prompt experiment with salt and watercolor on yupo that got some marker topography
- And ‘rose candy’ for Eric
These have all found a new home, but some of the later ones are still available for the discerning collector. You can also make an account and follow me on Patreon for free, where these are always posted publicly, or Instagram or Twitter, where I post some things as the mood strikes me.
Categories: Abstract and Just Plain Weird, Completed Commissions, Flowers, Trees and Landscapes, People, Figures and Faces, Pretty Words, Whimsical and Strange
Tags: copic marker, patreon, pen and ink, trees, watercolor, yupo
The Reaching Tree
Wednesday, June 8th, 2022
It’s a tree of a different color! Deep violet-black and slightly glittery, this amethyst paint uses real minerals to create gorgeous textures. The moon has a little extra shine of its own, as it should, but the painting is otherwise entirely monochrome.
The tree reaches into the sky, always seeking something in the way of trees. Below it, the figure has more hands than seems strictly warranted, reaching just as the tree is, though possibly not for the same thing.
Just in case, perhaps stay out of arms’ reach. If you can figure out how long that is, anyway.
Above, you can see the way the figure’s ghostly arms reach and reach. Is one of them reaching for you? Well, you can keep it safely behind glass in a frame, should you wish to.
Categories: Angels, Cthulhu, and Other Myths, Floating Gallery, Flowers, Trees and Landscapes, People, Figures and Faces, Zombies, Skulls, and Other Morbid Things
Tags: amethyst, crow, for sale, ghost, primatek, tree, watercolor
January 2022 Patreon Sketches
Tuesday, March 15th, 2022
All caught up! I’ll post February’s patron sketch cards probably in early April, as I give my supporters the month of to request, and then give myself the month after to draw them and then post to Patreon on the 28th. Now that I’ve made them all this cool artist trading card/artist card edition original (ACEO) size, it’s been a lot less friction for me to sit down and get started on a set of them, and get them done with a few days of work.
I did a half dozen this time around, almost entirely watercolor. From the top left:
- Nick prompted “besos!” and gets Bruno from Encanto smooching a capybara, but we shouldn’t be talking about it
- Roxanne B wanted tea, and gets this precarious pile
- Amy B asked for a “cheeky monkey” of a kitty, and gets this little jerkface
- this sunny sky in watercolor on yupo is just for my own amusement, and I guess if CSI ever needs my fingerprints
- Jefferson asked for coffee and gets addict Ditto
- Rey & Amber asked for “if you’re not bleeding, it’s not an emergency” and Amber got sky blue hair without having to go to the salon
I may do a sketch sale pretty soon, which posts to my Patreon first and then to my email list, so join one of those if you’d like a chance to own some of these!
Categories: Completed Commissions, Flowers, Trees and Landscapes, People, Figures and Faces, Pretty Words, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Series and Books, Things I'm a Fan Of, Whimsical and Strange
Tags: aceo, amy b, books, capybara, cat, encanto, jefferson, nick, patreon, pokemon, rey, roxanne b, word art, yupo
November 2021 Patreon Sketches
Thursday, March 3rd, 2022
And here is November! As you can see, some of these got done in January, but I am, in fact, currently caught up, so go me! These days I need extras for my Snow Leopards and Voidcats that don’t make requests, so everyone gets some fun art in their swag mailings. We’ll see how long those quarterly packets last, but the first one was a success!
From the top left:
- random night scene with Copics on Yupo
- “spice coffee” for Jefferson
- another random night scene with watercolor on black paper
- a variation on concentrics with white gouache on sparkly watercolor
- “autumn eeveeon” for Eric
- blobcat ft Trotsky’s liquid bones
- “tyrannical threes” for Rey & Amber
Categories: Abstract and Just Plain Weird, Completed Commissions, Flowers, Trees and Landscapes, People, Figures and Faces, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Series and Books, Things I'm a Fan Of, Whimsical and Strange
Tags: aceo, copic marker, eric, iridescent, jeff, patreon, pen and ink, rey, watercolor, where the wild things are, yupo
October 2021 Patreon Sketches
Tuesday, March 1st, 2022
Patreon requests from October 2021, which got done in November, ie, after the 48-hour cardstravaganza. Requests always close the last day of the month, and get done before the end of the next month, in theory. We are returning to this pattern though!
From top left:
- Jeff asked for “kobold spooky chef”
- Eric wanted the Upside Down from Stranger Things
- and Rey asked for “remember” in relation to either the 5th of November or the 21st day of September, and since I couldn’t decide I did both. It’s sparkly!
Categories: Completed Commissions, Nudes and Other Sexy Things, People, Figures and Faces, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Tentacles, Things I'm a Fan Of, Whimsical and Strange, Zombies, Skulls, and Other Morbid Things
Tags: aceo, copic marker, eric, glitter gel pen, jeff, patreon, rey
2021 48-hour Sketch Card Weekend
Thursday, February 24th, 2022
It’s all Danielle Corsetto’s fault.
The bright young perky things of comics do an annual 24hr comic, but Danielle is also moving into the Old and Tired phase of life and wanted a little more space, and also to expand the challenge to non-comics people. So, her version was to take the weekend, 48 hours, and do 24 of something — I chose sketch cards! And I actually did it, which was pretty awesome.
A lot of these are catch-up for the previous months on Patreon, from which I owed oh so many cards, but also just doing some for the heck of it.
You can see all the original posts here on Patreon, they’re public and have tired commentary to go with them: https://www.patreon.com/amysnotdeadyet/posts?filters%5Btag%5D=48hcw
First batch, all marker all the time. From top left:
- Corinne wanted a tiktok memed into Stuckony, lol
- Amber asked for “backyard kiddie pool” and oops got a kitty pool
- Rey asked for “Science Says Chill” and got his fancy word art
- And some lineless, sketchless halloween candy for feeding my own heart!
Second batch, playing with Copic markers and ink on Yupo substrate. From the top left:
- abstract play with liquid ink directly onto paper, no pen required
- spooky ghost
- skull with a crown
Markers, pencils, and your artist getting tired. From top left:
- Amy B asked for “summer witch vibes” and got this homage to Goths in Hot Weather (sold)
- Jeff asked for Print Nightmare, which is apparently a real Windows exploit, because of course it is (sold)
- Jeff ALSO asked for Roy Kent, which was honestly a fucking delight (sold)
- Deandra asked for something from To Hive & To Hold, and I did a scribbly pencil sketch of Meadowsweet snoozing on Arthur
Day 2, switching media. Watercolor! From the top left:
- Bucky with tats, gift art for a Halloween thing (which is why this post is locked)
- a mixed media abstract that i started yesterday and finished today
- magic wands for Eric (sold)
A trio of trees and a very special birb against the moon. Who’s that Pokémon?
Last ones! From the top left:
- blobcat for the end, because two others are drying overnight for finishing later
- purple abstract, because I can
- Eric asked for “salt” and got this almost-dry abstract in his favorite blue & gold
- Fairytale Sky! Remember that series? Have another.
Batching them in fours and taking a lot of breaks really helped, and man could I tell I’d been doing my physical therapy. My neck was almost not mad about it at the end, and is basically healed other than the ongoing problems from my terrible art gremlin posture. I have managed to somehow loosen my right shoulder in its socket, however, so I’m back in PT starting this week. Yay? I also took a bunch of breaks on watercolor day to help Dan dye his hair blue, and we ran out of gloves so I had one very blue hand by the end, haha.
Thanks for coming along on the journey belatedly with me!
Categories: Abstract and Just Plain Weird, Completed Commissions, Daily Art, Flowers, Trees and Landscapes, Nudes and Other Sexy Things, People, Figures and Faces, Pretty Words, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Series and Books, Things I'm a Fan Of, Whimsical and Strange, Zombies, Skulls, and Other Morbid Things
Tags: aceo, amy b, black paper, brush and ink, bucky barnes, captain america, cat, copic marker, corinne, eric, fairytale sky, ghost, halloween, jefferson, mcu, patreon, pen and ink, rey, roy kent, skull, ted lasso, tree, watercolor, word art
It’s finally 2022!
Saturday, January 1st, 2022
May your 2022 be measurably better in some way!
It’s been a crazy year, and the last quarter especially sapped my will to create, but, as the very end of the year came around I’ve finally gotten some stuff done. A lot of it was on a personal project that’s currently secret, but I do have a backlog of sketch cards to show you. Plus, there will be our traditional State of the Kitties post in a few days, and then a Floating Gallery sometime very soon.
How soon? Who even knows, time is meaningless.
Categories: People, Figures and Faces, Sea Creatures and Other Animals
Tags: copic marker, formaldehyde, pen and ink, pod, self portrait, watercolor
More Art This Way »