Posts Tagged ‘hedgehog’
Wednesday, July 7th, 2021
Having standardized the sketch size to these pre-cut ATC/ACEO cards makes my life so much easier — they come in vellum for drawing, watercolor paper, and some cool new stuff like Yupo synthetic substrate. It gives me a lot of room for play! Which I did with several of these that weren’t for anyone specific, heh.
From the top left:
- Do Good Recklessly, a recent tumblr meme
- Capybaras for Rebecca S
- A wee Concentric doodle to play with some of my new watercolors
- Bats and Mushrooms and Sun and idk man, sometimes you just gotta paint mushrooms I guess.
- Purple dragon for Andria, who wanted to have a golden hoard of their very own, which was pretty easy since they are very wee
- Amy B asked for a kitten and got a blobcat with a Christmas tree tail, which is a feature of kittens of a certain age that I find delightful. It has brought you a mouse toy like the mighty hunter it is, and is all fluffed up about it.
From the top left:
- Amber asked for “seasonal (holiday) allergies” and I may have chosen to tease her husband.
- A is for Amy wants to play with her yupo paper some more.
- Roxanne asked for Falcon & the Winter Solider and apparently this is what my brain wanted.
- Rey asked for “conditionally huggable” and of course I had to draw a hedgehog.
I love my Patreon supporters with all my heart — thanks, you guys! You’re the best.
Categories: Abstract and Just Plain Weird, Completed Commissions, Floating Gallery, Flowers, Trees and Landscapes, Illuminated Alphabet, People, Figures and Faces, Pretty Words, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Series and Books, Things I'm a Fan Of, Whimsical and Strange
Tags: bat, capybara, cat, concentric, copic marker, dragon, duochorome, hedgehog, iridescent, mcu, pen and ink, primatek, watercolor, word art
Tuesday, May 18th, 2021
From the top left:
- Rebecca S asked for “tea time” and got this little test of my new paint palette full of interesting mineral colors
- Andria asked for “looking forward to graduation” and got this little hedgie admiring itself in the mirror in its grad cap
- Amber asked for “rage quit” and got this little Posca marker experiment on a tiny card-sized art board (sold)
- Corinne asked for the obscure combination of lolrus meme and Cap & Bucky (aka Bucket), to which I added the Tsum design for, uh, reasons. Cap kindly modeled. (sold)
- Eric asked for a cat Pokemon and got Mew doing “I fits, I floats” with its tail (sold)
- Amy B asked for Big Kitten Energy and got this b&w doofus (sold)
- Jeff asked for “enjoying retirement” and got his Kobold Curry Chef avatar enjoying someone else’s curry for a change (sold)
- a view of my tiny cool new palette, from which the tea was painted, because why not
- And finally, Booskerdu asked for Q’s cats and got these two b&w kitties laying down the law: food before tea.
Thank you to all my lovely patrons, who have been so, so patient and supportive through everything. If you’d like to become one of them and get your own requests interpreted, you can support me on Patreon here!
Categories: Angels, Cthulhu, and Other Myths, Completed Commissions, People, Figures and Faces, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Series and Books, Things I'm a Fan Of, Whimsical and Strange
Tags: basement cat, cat, copic marker, hedgehog, kobold, pen and ink, pokemon, posca marker, tea, tsum tsum, watercolor
Thursday, October 18th, 2018
Inktober is still going! One ink drawing per day all month, often from prompts. Getting caught up on the backlog still, so here’s week 2 of these little 2.5″x3.5″ cards.
Categories: Abstract and Just Plain Weird, Angels, Cthulhu, and Other Myths, Card Design, Completed Commissions, Daily Art, People, Figures and Faces, Pretty Words, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Things I'm a Fan Of, Whimsical and Strange, Zombies, Skulls, and Other Morbid Things
Tags: brush and ink, coffee, cruxshadows, hedgehog, inktober, mcu, pen and ink, pokemon, tony stark, word art
Sunday, April 28th, 2013
Another week, another batch of art posts. Monday there was a lovely Gibbous Moon, and Tuesday the tentacles came out to play. Wednesday we had a review of the art I’ve made on lovely black paper. Thursday Dori offered you some tea, Friday this otter was very curious what you were on about, and Saturday Mrs Hudson reminded you that she’s not your housekeeper, dear.
For Sunday, of course, there’s another sketch! This little pen-and-ink hedgie’s a sad and sorry sort, but he’ll cheer up if you rub his tummy, I’m sure of it.
Monday, April 15th, 2013
This hedgehog is very annoyed to have been disturbed, with a serious sulk going on as he’s curled into his little ball. He was painted with a very limited palette and bold, expressionist strokes, so he’s a bit of an experiment for me, but one I’m very happy with! I offered a little preview of him to my list and one of my lovely patrons snapped him up, so he’ll be going to a good home, too.
Angry Hedgehog, 6″x6″ watercolor on paper, nfs (sold).
Above, you can see his pouty lip and little pink toes peeking out of his quills. Below, he’s been tucked into a temporary frame, so you can see how the iridescent paint blends into the rest of him when it’s not catching the light.
Thursday, March 14th, 2013
Another week, another piece of adorable otter/hedgehog art. I imagine this is the missing bit between the first two pieces, after the hedgehog got tired of swimming but before they dried off and curled up in their scarves to nap.
I imagine this because I’m a big dorky fangirl, and I enjoy it.
Floating Nap, 7″x5″ pen & ink and Copic markers on paper, nfs (commission).
Categories: Completed Commissions, Daily Art, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Series and Books, Things I'm a Fan Of
Tags: copic marker, hedgehog, john watson, nfs, otter, pen and ink, sherlock, sherlock bbc, sherlock holmes, sold
More Art This Way »