Posts Tagged ‘sold’
Thursday, April 20th, 2023
There are, of course, a couple of cats.
- Rey & Amber prompted 2023 (sold)
- Eric asked for volcano and look it just happened, okay. Blame Raccoon (pose) and Lapis (stank). (sold)
- Amy B asked for gingerbread and got a cat. This is not a surprise to anyone. (sold)
- And Jefferson prompted “Screw that. This train is hitting the goddamn snooze button.” (sold)
Tuesday, April 4th, 2023
Plus a bunch of bonus corvids! I wanted to do some gestural corvids, hilariously unrelated to the poll earlier, just to keep up my practice of loose, interesting birbs.
Only 2 people actually asked for things in July, so we have:
- Jefferson, who asked for Iron Chef Klingon and gets deconstructed disgustingness (sold)
- a purple crow giving some side-eye (sold)
- a rainbow crow giving some serious side-eye (sold)
- some crows flying through a gorgeous sunrise, inspired by Shayla Maddox’s current photo project (pretty sure this one’s been claimed too)
- A bi pride sea turtle for Andria, the only piece to use an actual pen (for the purple bits) outside of the signature, heh (sold)
- and a fluffed-up blue corvid having a bloody red treat (sold)
I actually used references for everything but the food, though I googled Klingon names to give our chef his moniker. I also mentally wrote some weird fanfic in my head about this dish while doodling, so, uh. Enjoy the grossness?
Thursday, March 30th, 2023
Not a ton of requests from June, so there’s a wee trio of cards. These are all the size of a standard playing card, known as ATC or ACEO for Artist Trading Card (when traded) or Artist Card, Edition Original (when sold). The more you know.
- Jefferson asked for “Cherry Festival”
- Eric asked for “gloom”
- R&A asked for “Do not sell the baby online!”
These were all claimed before they were even made, whee!
Tuesday, June 14th, 2022
In the same vein as Time is Escaping, this larger-scale painting uses shimmering, textured paint to create a feeling of water and movement.
The spiral structure suggests a deep whirlpool or concentric waves, with something brightly phosphorescent bursting out, escaping with its darker-hued cousins. Despite the feeling of depth, the paint in the center is thickly layered in textural swashes, though some peeks of the first layer, an iridescent fluorite green wash, still show through.
The palette of black, purple, blue, and green is reminiscent of a peacock feather, as is the sheen of sparkle that covers the entire painting.
Above, you can see sunlight picking up the flecks of tourmaline in the black, and the varying shades of purple floating atop the central vortex. Below, the same purples drift down into the shimmering metallic greens at the bottom of the painting.
Friday, April 8th, 2022
Gorgeous shades of purple swirl into a black hole in the middle, where even the light of the stars and the shine of the paint vanishes. It very much feels like a view of space where stars bright and dim glimmer and sparkle out of a swirl of color.
The text at the bottom says, “you are far from done…” and that’s a sentiment I think a lot of us need in this difficult time. Prices rise and rise while wages stagnate, ugliness blooms while it seems like beauty is constantly under attack, but I’m here to tell you: there’s more for all of us.
We just have to find it together.
Above, you can see the words in their ruddy dark ink, and the scattering of stars both near and far twinkling up from the purple sky. Below, the art has been framed, but you can rescue it from the slammer if you want to make it yours! It’s slightly larger than its stated size, and I’d recommend framing it inside a mat or floated on some nice black museum board for maximum awesomeness.
More Art This Way »