Posts Tagged ‘yupo’
Thursday, April 7th, 2022
Yupo is a nifty paper-like substrate made of polypropylene resin that doesn’t absorb water at all. This tough little sheet is semi-transparent, so you can see my tablecloth through the sunset if you look closely!
Clouds spiral upward from gold to orange to pink, while the sun sits red at the edge of the horizon, ready to slip away for the night. The tree still has a lot of growing to do, but it’s getting there, and this raven is perfectly happy to hang out and wait for spring.
The ink and paint made fascinating textures on the yupo as they dried, and you can see where I left a little impression of myself in the sun.
Above, you can see the swirls of paint and he way the pen and ink cut right through them to mark its own path on the translucent paper — and you can also se the swirls of my tablecloth showing through! Below, the painting is in a simple frame, though it might be better served by a clear acrylic frame when it finds its way home.
Tuesday, March 15th, 2022
All caught up! I’ll post February’s patron sketch cards probably in early April, as I give my supporters the month of to request, and then give myself the month after to draw them and then post to Patreon on the 28th. Now that I’ve made them all this cool artist trading card/artist card edition original (ACEO) size, it’s been a lot less friction for me to sit down and get started on a set of them, and get them done with a few days of work.
I did a half dozen this time around, almost entirely watercolor. From the top left:
- Nick prompted “besos!” and gets Bruno from Encanto smooching a capybara, but we shouldn’t be talking about it
- Roxanne B wanted tea, and gets this precarious pile
- Amy B asked for a “cheeky monkey” of a kitty, and gets this little jerkface
- this sunny sky in watercolor on yupo is just for my own amusement, and I guess if CSI ever needs my fingerprints
- Jefferson asked for coffee and gets addict Ditto
- Rey & Amber asked for “if you’re not bleeding, it’s not an emergency” and Amber got sky blue hair without having to go to the salon
Categories: Completed Commissions, Flowers, Trees and Landscapes, People, Figures and Faces, Pretty Words, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Series and Books, Things I'm a Fan Of, Whimsical and Strange
Tags: aceo, amy b, books, capybara, cat, encanto, jefferson, nick, patreon, pokemon, rey, roxanne b, word art, yupo
Tuesday, March 8th, 2022
And December! Which were done in January and just… not posted in a timely manner here. Sorry, guys! I’m a work in progress. XD
- teacup asked for “ghosts of the mountain” and I had fun doing many tiny ghosts
- Eric wanted Sailor Pluto so Mal had to cosplay for us
- Rebecca S asked for a walrus and got this prim purple darling
If you want sketches of your own, or just to support your artist, you can find me on Patreon here: https://www.patreon.com/amysnotdeadyet
Categories: Completed Commissions, Flowers, Trees and Landscapes, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Things I'm a Fan Of
Tags: aceo, cat, copic marker, eric, patreon, pen and ink, rebecca s, sailor moon, walrus, yupo
Thursday, March 3rd, 2022
And here is November! As you can see, some of these got done in January, but I am, in fact, currently caught up, so go me! These days I need extras for my Snow Leopards and Voidcats that don’t make requests, so everyone gets some fun art in their swag mailings. We’ll see how long those quarterly packets last, but the first one was a success!
From the top left:
- random night scene with Copics on Yupo
- “spice coffee” for Jefferson
- another random night scene with watercolor on black paper
- a variation on concentrics with white gouache on sparkly watercolor
- “autumn eeveeon” for Eric
- blobcat ft Trotsky’s liquid bones
- “tyrannical threes” for Rey & Amber
Categories: Abstract and Just Plain Weird, Completed Commissions, Flowers, Trees and Landscapes, People, Figures and Faces, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Series and Books, Things I'm a Fan Of, Whimsical and Strange
Tags: aceo, copic marker, eric, iridescent, jeff, patreon, pen and ink, rey, watercolor, where the wild things are, yupo
Monday, February 21st, 2022
Sketch cards galore! I have so many that I haven’t posted here, sorry. Last year was full of overwhelm and catch-up and madness, and I’m finally starting to organize things back into a system I can function with.
These little baseball-card-sized sketches are called ACEO (artist card edition only) or sometimes ATC (artist trading card) if being traded around. I standardized all my sketches for Patreon supporters to this size, and it’s made life much easier for me in terms of starting friction. I have all the stuff to start sketching in one little pouch!
From the top left:
- Kim wanted to say no to summer, so she gets images of winter, instead!
- the abstract dreams of a dying Medusa is for nobody in particular
- Rebecca S wanted something for Pride, and gets this rainbow of DiversiTea
- Eric wanted some beetroot and got some fun watercolor on Yupo substrate
From top down:
- Amber asked for Time Flies
- Jeff asked for “i can’t even right now”
- Eric asked for the One Ring
Categories: Abstract and Just Plain Weird, Angels, Cthulhu, and Other Myths, Completed Commissions, Floating Gallery, Flowers, Trees and Landscapes, Pretty Words, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Things I'm a Fan Of
Tags: aceo, acrylic ink, black paper, eric, gay pride, iridescent, kim, patreon, rebecca s, sharpie marker, watercolor, yupo
More Art This Way »