Posts Tagged ‘aceo’
Tuesday, May 25th, 2021
I got a new substrate to try, Yupo, which is an interesting synthetic that comes in a transluscent thin sheet, a more normal sheet, and a fat cardstock, all very smooth and non-absorbent. Basically the opposite of watercolor paper! I got a package of sketch card sized pads, and did some non-request sketch experiments on them in various media.
Categories: Abstract and Just Plain Weird, Flowers, Trees and Landscapes, Pretty Words, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Series and Books
Tags: aceo, cat, counting crows, crow, duochrome, salt, watercolor, yupo
Tuesday, March 30th, 2021
From top left:
- Eric asked for Peanut m&m as an Airbender and, well. Yeah. That’s a thing I’ve drawn now.
- Roxanne asked for this quote, which got a little shiny visual along with the word art.
- Kim asked for winter socks, and got bats ^^v^^
- Amy B prompted “peacock” and got an abstract. It’s shiny!
- And Jeff asked for “missing bff” which I made both silly and sad, like I do.
This finishes off January for me, which makes me briefly all caught up on sketches! Slowly, slowly, finding a new balance.
Categories: Abstract and Just Plain Weird, Completed Commissions, People, Figures and Faces, Pretty Words, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Series and Books, Things I'm a Fan Of, Whimsical and Strange
Tags: aceo, avatar, cat, copic marker, eric, jefferson, kim, nfs, patreon, pen and ink, sold, watercolor, word art
Friday, August 28th, 2020
I took some time off in July to have a lot of migraines, so that was great, but I’m feeling better now despite the state being on fire and everything, and hey, my theme of Black Lives Matter for those prompts is really still relevant, so here we go:
- Corinne wanted a BLM emoji for Slack, so I’ll be combining this with a Pride abstract I painted back in June for the actual finished item.
- Kim asked for Scary Anglerfish in July, and since she hadn’t made a June request she got this guy
- Amy B asked for “no Pride without Marsha P. Johnson” and I found a great photo of her with a big hat.
- Roxanne asked to be surprised with a black MCU character, so the Falcon flew in to say Black Lives Matter.
- Jeff asked for George Washington Carver, and there’s a lot of dumb jokes in here since he invented a ton of peanut products but not peanut butter, and also a subtle dig on the whole gif pronunciation debate.
- Rebecca S asked for Justice, and got this “No Justice, No Peace” word art.
Thank you for the support and patience of all my wonderful patrons, who keep me in tea and paint and cat food! You can be one of them here.
Categories: Completed Commissions, People, Figures and Faces, Pretty Words, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Things I'm a Fan Of
Tags: aceo, angler fish, black lives matter, copic marker, corinne, gay pride, kim, mcu, patreon, pen and ink, posca marker, sam wilson, trans pride, watercolor, word art
Friday, July 24th, 2020
Everything is late and slow right now, please be kind to your artist! All of these got posted publicly to my Patreon when they were finished, and were drawn/painted by request of my lovely supporters there. Consider joining up as a supporter if you have a few dollars a month to spare!
- Amber asked for “I’m melting!” and got Ditto for, uh, reasons
- Amy B asked for a bat and got this silhouetted fruit bat
- Rey asked for Patience and I couldn’t resist making it a bit golden
- Another kitty portrait for Corinne, this time Gramsci being longcat
- “Brain Fog” for Kim
- Rebecca was wondering what Bucky was up to, so I put him in a coffee shop AU. This IS his customer service face, tyvm.
- Eric asked for a MerMay Cloud Strife, and yeah, I dunno. Emo boy is emo.
- PG asked for a porcupine, and got this fellow and his bad hair day.
- Deinvati asked for Shark and knew exactly what she was gonna get. It’s DC canon now, don’t blame me. It’s naughty, so click to see a less-censored version. Mom, don’t look! XD Uncensored version linked here with more, uh, related art.
- Andria asked for dark purple lisianthus, and got some floofy abstract flowers.
- Grace asked for Escape and I’m afraid I can never hear that word and not think of Dory. Esss-cahp-ay!
Thanks once again to all my wonderful supporters, who keep me in tea and paint and cat food! June’s very late sketches coming soon to an internet near you.
Categories: Completed Commissions, Flowers, Trees and Landscapes, Nudes and Other Sexy Things, People, Figures and Faces, Pretty Words, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Series and Books, Things I'm a Fan Of, Whimsical and Strange
Tags: aceo, bucky barnes, cat, copic marker, corinne, dcu, final fantasy, finding nemo, glitter gel pen, ink wash, kim, mcu, patreon, pen and ink, pencil, pokemon, watercolor, word art
Tuesday, April 14th, 2020
I’ve been slack in posting the results of my Patreon sketch requests this year, for the same reason as everything, really. We’re all losing track of time, sleep, and everything but our pets, who won’t let us. These are for requests given to me in January, which were drawn/painted in February, and I’m finally remembering to post here in April.
- Jefferson asked for “MELTAN YOUR FACE OFF” which became, uh, that.
- Eric asked for a Numenera prop and got Stoic Bountiful Goat, which is a riff off a Pokestop by his work. I’ve gotta amuse myself somehow.
- Luna asked for a very determined snail, and got a snail with a meme face.
- Amy B asked for caterwauling and got a drawing inspired by Mal when she wants attention. Just imagine she’s sitting on my desk like a jerkface who is perfectly aware she’s not supposed to be up there.
- Eric got a surprise B-side to his Numenera thing, because his weird blob of clay changes shape when you look away. I have no explanation for why it’s a pistachio.
- Kim asked for a comfy crow making itself at home, which turned into nesting. I’m going to assume it stole the purple yarn from Kim’s stash.
- Corinne asked for Peggy Carter.
- Amber asked for herself brandishing a wooden spoon.
- Roxanne asked for Harry Dresden.
- Andria asked for Real Winter and got a bonus Winter Soldier because reasons.
If you’d like one of your own, you can come support me on Patreon here and make your own request, which I will then interpret however I like.
Categories: Completed Commissions, Flowers, Trees and Landscapes, People, Figures and Faces, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Things I'm a Fan Of, Whimsical and Strange
Tags: aceo, copic marker, patreon, pen and ink, watercolor
Monday, January 16th, 2012
I still have a bunch in my pack of Artist Trading Cards, so I decided to pull one out and just doodle a bit. Once I’d drawn in the little vine pattern in the corner, the word “flourish” sprung to mind so I went ahead and wrote it in messy calligraphy. Then I got out a brush and, using water and the ink already on the card, I smoothed out the shapes, and even ‘painted’ some new ones.
The whole thing has a feel of decorative whimsy, which goes quite well with the idea of adding flourishes, and also of flourishing in a more personal sense, at least for me. A life without whimsy or decoration would be awfully boring, after all.
Flourish, 3.5″x2.5″ ink on paper, nfs (but available for trading).
We actually had some sunshine this morning, so I took a photo and got a slightly better view of the very pale details in the middle of the card.
If you’re an artist who makes ATCs of your own, and are coveting this one, let me know!
More Art This Way »