Archive for the ‘Flowers, Trees and Landscapes’ Category
Saturday, June 4th, 2022
A blooming tree takes up most of the paper, black branches holding up blue-green puffs of foliage and deep fuchsia blossoms.
Despite that, the crow with rain falling from beneath its wings is the first thing to draw the eye, caught in fluid motion as it brings a storm with it. A glowing full moon ducks behind the tree, but it can’t hide from the clouds forever.
Despite the darkness of the color palette, this painting has a lovely whimsy to it that belongs in someone’s home, adding some dark delight to their decor.
Above, you can see the crowd raining droplets down from its wings onto the swirling tree. Below, this larger painting fills its frame beautifully.
Categories: Floating Gallery, Flowers, Trees and Landscapes, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Whimsical and Strange
Tags: crow, for sale, moon, more cowbell, watercolor
March 2022 Patreon Sketches
Monday, May 9th, 2022
There should be a Floating Gallery coming for you June 1, but for now please enjoy a nice big batch of sketch cards for my darling Patreon patrons! Some of them are for specific people, and then extras get sent to my Snow Leopards in with their other quarterly goodies.
There’s eight here, only two of which are spoken for! From top left:
- Purple abstract! I dunno, I just like it.
- Weird silly drippy experiment abstract, which I also like now that I’ve plaid-ified the gold and turquoise a bit.
- Jeff asked for “writer’s block” and got this shiny, trippy bit of weirdness.
- Eric asked for SPAAAAAACE! and his is also shiny, but he gets a TARDIS.
- This cool sky I made got a city and some birbs to go with it.
- I gave this little raven some more cowbell and untucked his face from his wing.
- I also gave this abstract some more cowbell and now it’s reasonably unrecognizable and also has some Concentric vibes.
- And this last one is full Concentric, with a bunch of bursts that kind of vanish and 3 that do not. Totally something that doesn’t work in a photo, sorry.
Categories: Abstract and Just Plain Weird, Completed Commissions, Flowers, Trees and Landscapes, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Series and Books, Things I'm a Fan Of, Whimsical and Strange
Tags: city, crow, doctor who, eric, iridescent watercolor, jefferson, patreon, pen and ink, primatek, purple, tardis, watercolor
Thursday, April 7th, 2022
Yupo is a nifty paper-like substrate made of polypropylene resin that doesn’t absorb water at all. This tough little sheet is semi-transparent, so you can see my tablecloth through the sunset if you look closely!
Clouds spiral upward from gold to orange to pink, while the sun sits red at the edge of the horizon, ready to slip away for the night. The tree still has a lot of growing to do, but it’s getting there, and this raven is perfectly happy to hang out and wait for spring.
The ink and paint made fascinating textures on the yupo as they dried, and you can see where I left a little impression of myself in the sun.
Above, you can see the swirls of paint and he way the pen and ink cut right through them to mark its own path on the translucent paper — and you can also se the swirls of my tablecloth showing through! Below, the painting is in a simple frame, though it might be better served by a clear acrylic frame when it finds its way home.
Categories: Floating Gallery, Flowers, Trees and Landscapes, Series and Books
Tags: for sale, horizons, pen and ink, watercolor, yupo
January 2022 Patreon Sketches
Tuesday, March 15th, 2022
All caught up! I’ll post February’s patron sketch cards probably in early April, as I give my supporters the month of to request, and then give myself the month after to draw them and then post to Patreon on the 28th. Now that I’ve made them all this cool artist trading card/artist card edition original (ACEO) size, it’s been a lot less friction for me to sit down and get started on a set of them, and get them done with a few days of work.
I did a half dozen this time around, almost entirely watercolor. From the top left:
- Nick prompted “besos!” and gets Bruno from Encanto smooching a capybara, but we shouldn’t be talking about it
- Roxanne B wanted tea, and gets this precarious pile
- Amy B asked for a “cheeky monkey” of a kitty, and gets this little jerkface
- this sunny sky in watercolor on yupo is just for my own amusement, and I guess if CSI ever needs my fingerprints
- Jefferson asked for coffee and gets addict Ditto
- Rey & Amber asked for “if you’re not bleeding, it’s not an emergency” and Amber got sky blue hair without having to go to the salon
I may do a sketch sale pretty soon, which posts to my Patreon first and then to my email list, so join one of those if you’d like a chance to own some of these!
Categories: Completed Commissions, Flowers, Trees and Landscapes, People, Figures and Faces, Pretty Words, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Series and Books, Things I'm a Fan Of, Whimsical and Strange
Tags: aceo, amy b, books, capybara, cat, encanto, jefferson, nick, patreon, pokemon, rey, roxanne b, word art, yupo
December 2021 Patreon Sketches
Tuesday, March 8th, 2022
And December! Which were done in January and just… not posted in a timely manner here. Sorry, guys! I’m a work in progress. XD
- teacup asked for “ghosts of the mountain” and I had fun doing many tiny ghosts
- Eric wanted Sailor Pluto so Mal had to cosplay for us
- Rebecca S asked for a walrus and got this prim purple darling
If you want sketches of your own, or just to support your artist, you can find me on Patreon here: https://www.patreon.com/amysnotdeadyet
Categories: Completed Commissions, Flowers, Trees and Landscapes, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Things I'm a Fan Of
Tags: aceo, cat, copic marker, eric, patreon, pen and ink, rebecca s, sailor moon, walrus, yupo
November 2021 Patreon Sketches
Thursday, March 3rd, 2022
And here is November! As you can see, some of these got done in January, but I am, in fact, currently caught up, so go me! These days I need extras for my Snow Leopards and Voidcats that don’t make requests, so everyone gets some fun art in their swag mailings. We’ll see how long those quarterly packets last, but the first one was a success!
From the top left:
- random night scene with Copics on Yupo
- “spice coffee” for Jefferson
- another random night scene with watercolor on black paper
- a variation on concentrics with white gouache on sparkly watercolor
- “autumn eeveeon” for Eric
- blobcat ft Trotsky’s liquid bones
- “tyrannical threes” for Rey & Amber
Categories: Abstract and Just Plain Weird, Completed Commissions, Flowers, Trees and Landscapes, People, Figures and Faces, Sea Creatures and Other Animals, Series and Books, Things I'm a Fan Of, Whimsical and Strange
Tags: aceo, copic marker, eric, iridescent, jeff, patreon, pen and ink, rey, watercolor, where the wild things are, yupo
« Or Head Back That Way More Art This Way »